Twin Piston Brake Caliper Swap

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I am looking forward in the future to get a set of twin piston calipers for GT, and upgrade the rear calipers as well since one is frozen/shot. I did a lot of research and I got mixed reviews. Some say that the twin piston is great, but the brake pedal feel sucks. I do not know if this is relation to the rubber lines or Stainless Steel lines that people swapped over with the kit. I also heard that you might have to upgrade brake booster? That might be for 94/95's GT's so I am not to sure. Basically I have more questions and answers. If anyone that did this swap correctly chime in please. It is on my fall list of things to do. Thanks

-Nathan

dafizuck

Reaction score
I personally dont see the need for anything more than a Cobra brake swap without huge hp. I love my cobra brakes on all 4 corners, great pedal feel and response.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I did the Bullitts all around and it was a nice difference. If your on a tight budget find some 99-04 GT brakes. They are 2 piston PBR but don't require the 13" rotors.

At first the peddle feel was different but i guess i got used to it and it feels normal to me now.

x182dan

Reaction score
I have the dual piston calipers with braided lines and the pedal feels fine. I'm on my second year with the calipers and pads. I used parts store pads so they aren't top notch but so far I can't complain.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
With a twin piston caliper swap from a new edge GT, your brake pedal will feel just fine. And since you have a 96+ car, you will not need to swap master cylinders when you upgrade to Cobra kit.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
A setup from a 99-04 PBR dual piston will work just fine.

If you have the money to snag up a Cobra Kit with the larger rotors by all means do it.

blackpony

Reaction score
i have the pbrs on my 95 and the swap took all of 30 mins... hardest part was i had to grind on the knuckle a small amount to get the caliper on, but other then that direct swap and go!!! huge difference in stoping distance!!! excellent upgrade on a budget!!!

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
im swapping to PBR calipers/power slot rotors/hawks pads. im just waiting on my brake rebuild kit to come in from ford.

Crone

Reaction score
BLKPONY- Did you have to swap your mastercylinder since yours is a 95? I think I need at least one new front caliper, but I'm poor so this would actually be pretty nice...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online