9in wide rims up front

scott5

Reaction score
My last car had Mac caster/camber plates, eibach Pro Kit springs, kyb struts up front and when i tried to put a 17x9 wheel with a 275/40 tire on it, it rub'd and i had to use a 17x8 with a 245/45 tire.. And with my first 95gt it just had FRPP c-springs and i ran a 9in rim up front but with a 245 tire and i didnt like the look of it, but it didnt rub. With my new car i want to use a 17x9 10th annv wheel up front with a 275. How many guys are using this(prob alot) and not having no issues? Or if you did have an issue how did you fix it? I am going to be using FRPP c-springs and probably the KYBs and MM caster and camber plates on this car.

Inspector13

Reaction score
You mean these?? :headbang:

This is an older pic of my car before I removed the wing/skirts/emblems. I have Eibach springs (don't know what kind as they were on the car when I bought it). Not a single issue with rubbing even at full lock or while driving. The tires are 275/45/17s.
2581_1117840102670_1127024552_30377466_7145008_n.jpg

Win

Legend
Reaction score
If your having issues then the backspacing might have been wrong. Or you have some twerked suspension components.

You should be fine with your New car.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
your front wheels are larger by 1" then my rears and 4.5" larger then my frontsssssssssssssssss

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
your front wheels are larger by 1" then my rears and 4.5" larger then my frontsssssssssssssssss

arent SNs great? whatever you want to do to them.... ... drag or xcross :-D

Inspector13

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:

Why would you have a smaller wheel on the rear then what you could fit on the front?? I easily fit a 315 on the back. Why not go with a 15x10 rear rim with a bigger tire?

OP
OP
S

scott5

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Get some '03 Cobra A-arms and it'll give you more clearance for turning a wider tire.

I just bought an AJE racing tubular k-member kit, with a-arms and coilover kit. Would this be a problem?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Inspector13 said:
Duff Daddy said:

Why would you have a smaller wheel on the rear then what you could fit on the front?? I easily fit a 315 on the back. Why not go with a 15x10 rear rim with a bigger tire?

why have the extra drag on the rear wheels of a 10" tire the weight of a 10" wheel when i run a 8.5" tire and i havent ever spun them at 12psi

Inspector13

Reaction score
Yeah that is true. Guess if you don't need it having it would just be overkill. Also didn't know if you ran in a class that prohibited it. Years ago I was setting up a '74 Nova to race in True Street (I think it was called that). Some of the rules was that it had to have the stock suspension type (so I had to stay with springs/shocks up front and leaf springs/shocks in the rear) and couldn't have larger then a 10.5 tire (if they fit in stock wheel wells).

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
scott5 said:
OnyxCobra said:
Get some '03 Cobra A-arms and it'll give you more clearance for turning a wider tire.

I just bought an AJE racing tubular k-member kit, with a-arms and coilover kit. Would this be a problem?

Yeah in that case you won't want to use the 03 Cobra A-arms.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Inspector13 said:
Yeah that is true. Guess if you don't need it having it would just be overkill. Also didn't know if you ran in a class that prohibited it. Years ago I was setting up a '74 Nova to race in True Street (I think it was called that). Some of the rules was that it had to have the stock suspension type (so I had to stay with springs/shocks up front and leaf springs/shocks in the rear) and couldn't have larger then a 10.5 tire (if they fit in stock wheel wells).

theres a ton of rules depending if your running nmca nmra orca or like a local class. some are 10.5 some are no slick some are dot only some are slick only... it all depends on what your going for

Inspector13

Reaction score
Hence why I asked. We are in different areas and so the rule book may differ some.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online