Brake calipers...

Crone

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this was the right placae or not, but my brakes are making alot of noise. When I turn left, they squeal, even without using the brakes. Going striaght they squeal and sounds like they are rubbing. When I brake it still squeals. I'm pretty sure the brakes are rubbing, Does that mean my calipers are seized? I put on new pads and rotors a few months ago. I'm pretty sure it's the front left. Any ideas or suggestions of how to figure it out or where to start looking? I would like to avoid havin to buy a new caliper if possible. Thanks guys, Bobby

x182dan

Reaction score
That noise can be two things one is your caliper is hanging or the other is your pad is badly worn and thats the wear indicator rubbing

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
The "hanging" is entirely possible. I have had 2 do this. 1 on my wife's '08 Escape and 1 on my daughter's '00 Taurus. Both on the RF.

The caliper would not retract completely. The RF rotor would stay very hot compared with the LF, felt like a slight tire inbalance at times and the RF would pulsate after some time on the freeway upon exiting. I replaced the RF caliper, machined the rotor (once again), and the problem has never returned in both cases. Really weird.

GT

OP
OP
C

Crone

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I'm thinkin the hangin is whats goin on. Is there a easy way to check to be sure, it's hard to see in between. I'm guessing there is no cheap way to fix it... :sad5:

OP
OP
C

Crone

Reaction score
Well I finally got around to checkin it, and my rear right caliper pins were rusted to hell, and frozen so I put a new caliper on. And the noise is still happening.... The old caliper destroyed my 2-3 month old pads and probaly the rotor :angry4:, kinda pissed. I checked the other rear and the pins were fin, I may jsut get a new caliper anyway idk yet. For the front... I read the 99-04 had twin piston calipers in the front. Does it make a noticeable difference? And what else would I need to put them on mine(my car is a 94). Thanks guys, Bobby

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I have the PBR waiting to be put on. You should notice a nice difference. I picked up the Calipers, brackets and lines and rotors for 65 shipped.

I think you need the lines also.

OP
OP
C

Crone

Reaction score
wow nice man, was that a private sale or a company?...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online