Caster camber plates... maybe not?

Crone

Reaction score
I'm trying to save some money, like most of us lol. Anyway, with the stock peices there, if we just grind off the rivets on them, would that give enough aqjustability that I wouldn't need to buy a set? Has anyone tried this? I'm sure someone had too.... thanks guys- Bobby

Mustanger

Reaction score
If you only go down an inch or 1.5" you may not need them anyway...mine didn't with 1.5" drop...but I put them in anyway.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
That was the first thing I did, when I tried to get some more camber with out purchasing anything. Doing so got me a measly .3 degrees of adjustment. I know that some people are using Camber Bolts to align the car, and it costs a lot less than the plates, but I never bothered with it.

OP
OP
C

Crone

Reaction score
Hopefully at work on tuesday possibly, if it's not busy we'll get the springs in and see what we can do with the stock plates, they are either eibach sportlines or the prokit. I'm hoping to try and get around it, at least for now. If we get to it, I'll post up and share how it went lol

gt96stang

Reaction score
I've got FRPP "C" springs and the tire guy drilled out my rivets to get more out of the stockers.... I'm still needing to get some c/c plates because the insides of my tires are wearing out faster than the rest.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
I know that some people are using Camber Bolts to align the car, and it costs a lot less than the plates

best thing to do when you are on budget.

OP?
what springs you installing?

OP
OP
C

Crone

Reaction score
Yea, some of the mechanics at my shop don't recomend it though because of how easy they can break...I wan't to be cheaply safe lol. I'm pretty sure they are eibach prokits, I bought them off a kid for 50 dollars. Figured worst comes to worst it was only 50 dollars...

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
i used my CC bolts for 2 years, they looked great, never broke an always work as they suppost.

OP
OP
C

Crone

Reaction score
well thats good to hear then, maybe i'll give them a try.... Thanks javi!! where did you buy yours from?

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
auto parts store, i paid like $24 for them.
i know Eibach sell them too.

i sold mine for $5 a few weeks ago.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
I had the camber bolts but I ended up going for the Steeda CC plates recently. They are easy to install and work great.

For my drop(H&R SS's) they did not offer enough adjustability unfortunately. Since i was 2" + lowered I just needed the CC plates. You should be fine if you're only gonna go down about 1~1.5".

I still have them laying in their original box. If you want them, PM me.

OP
OP
C

Crone

Reaction score
Those are the springs I would like to get, How well do they handle for you? Thanks man, PM sent

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.