Lower control arms worth it?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I always hear they are night and day differance between the stockers.

Im not running quad shocks and traction from a stand still is pretty bad.

Im thinking about getting some run of the mill lakewoods.

Should I def. do it?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
ugh your dumb but dont be that dumb, buy some hpm mega bite jr's i dropped from a 1.8 last year to 1.62 short.... DO IT

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Trust me...its a HUGE difference.

MM makes the best LCAs on the market......

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
:headbang:

/thread

MMLowerArms.JPG

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
MustangChris said:
couldnt even afford the extream duty fully adjustables, handz? :p

haha, nobody can.

Honestly, I would probably just go with some cheaper non MM brand ones just because im almost positive that the differance between the most expensive MM ones and some other boxed ones with the same bushings cant be very much differance.

x182dan

Reaction score
I was told by maximum motorsports not to get the extreme arms because they wouldn't be good for the street. They tend to be more noisy and harsher. So I went with the heavy duty mm adjustable ones. Dunno why I did adjustable though because I never adjust them, haha. BTW its only half a g for the extreme ones.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
x182dan said:
I was told by maximum motorsports not to get the extreme arms because they wouldn't be good for the street. They tend to be more noisy and harsher. So I went with the heavy duty mm adjustable ones. Dunno why I did adjustable though because I never adjust them, haha. BTW its only half a g for the extreme ones.

I know just saying...I can probably pick up a slightly used set of generic ones for like 100 bucks that will do the same thing

x182dan

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
x182dan said:

I know just saying...I can probably pick up a slightly used set of generic ones for like 100 bucks that will do the same thing

I dunno if they will be nearly as good as the mm ones. As for hooking up I cannot tell you if that helps at all because I did a motor swap at teh same time. I get zero traction in 1st and 2nd with my stockers on. Man I need to bite the bullet have some subframe connectors welded in.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
x182dan said:
justinschmidt1 said:
x182dan said:

I dunno if they will be nearly as good as the mm ones. As for hooking up I cannot tell you if that helps at all because I did a motor swap at teh same time. I get zero traction in 1st and 2nd with my stockers on. Man I need to bite the bullet have some subframe connectors welded in.

Not to rain on MM's parade but their normal arms design isnt anything special...

all the other companys are copying them anyway

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ +1. get their "important" products.

PHB, SFCs, Adjsutable equipment, full coil overs, etc. etc.

junk like non-adjustable LCAs are a bar..... with rubber on teh top.... i gurantee UPR bought 1 set, put it on the computer, painted them a different color, added crappier bushings, and are selling them at half the cost due to the lack of T&D. I highly suggest MMs CC plates thou. those are easily copied as well, but i feel MM has the highest quality, even over the generic stuff that copied them.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
LCA ARE MM's product....thats what made them big, its there best selling product under CC plates.

...And MM techs advised me against the extreme duty LCAs

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
LCA ARE MM's product....thats what made them big, its there best selling product under CC plates.

...And MM techs advised me against the extreme duty LCAs

why? just curious... im in the market for some suspension work.

El_Diablo said:
global west control arms are actually a better design aside from the weight jacking feature which most people have know idea how to use

http://www.globalwest.net/1979-2004_Mustang_performance_suspension_parts.htm#Rear%20Tubular%20control%20arms

i have the tbf-1 control arms

huh?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Chris, MM techs say that spherical on both sides on a street car is just too noisy and they advised me against it.

I took the advise and am 100% satisfied

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Chris, MM techs say that spherical on both sides on a street car is just too noisy and they advised me against it.

I took the advise and am 100% satisfied

Yea...I would use poly bushings on the street

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online