Cant decide on what setup to go with

Reaction score
I've been thinking about upgrading my rear suspension. but i cant decide which setup to go with.
right now i have a MM panhard bar and steeda sport springs

Setup 1:
www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21_89]MM Torque Arm [/url]
www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_91_93&products_id=523]MM Adjustable LCA [/url]
i know with this setup i'm going to need www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=22_323]torque arm springs[/url]

Setup 2:
www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_104&products_id=508]MM Rear Coilovers [/url]
www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_91_92&products_id=517]MM Non-adjustable LCA [/url]

I want to be able to adjust my ride height.

Any body have anything to say on either setup? Which one will be better? or anyone run either of these setups?

Crone

Reaction score
I don't have much experience with suspension setups, but what kind of racing do you do? I would think road course type stuff would be different than a good drag setup...

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
I'm more of a corner carver, i dont see myself doing any drag racing... ever.

and setup 1 is probobly what i would go with but i know its going to cost more. What i would reall love is to get the IRS from a cobra.

Inspector13

Reaction score
Torque arms are also good for road racing. I know some friends that swear by them. They say it really helps them plant the wheels when exiting a corners and helps make the car more stable under hard acceleration.

Crone

Reaction score
The irs would be sick... I'm sure you could find someone with a cobra willing to trade straight up for your sra

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Each of the setups listed above have their benefits, but there are downsides as well. If you go coil-over setup with non adjustable lower control arms, you have a setup that can really grow. With coilovers, you can really dial in the car by choosing from much more choices of springs rates than a standard conventional spring location.

Torque arm is supposed to give you a lot of rear traction. I can't vouch for it personally, because I don't have one yet, but I'm sure someone here has one, and they can say more about it. I'd personally stay away from adjustable lowers, simply because to better dial in your car, you will need coil-overs in the rear, so getting adjustable arms would be a waste of money.

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
yeah i'm thinking i might go with the coilovers. it seems like the most viable option.

i'm gonna keep my eye out for an irs though. i wont be upgrading anything til after the winter so hopefully i'll find an irs in the next few months.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
There are no performance gains to be collected by swapping IRS over. Even the guys who have fully setup IRS, and who have driven a Torque Arm, or 3rd Link car, say that the Solid axle car does better on track. Keep in mind, I am talking about Mustang suspension here.

cntchds

Reaction score
Agreed. The Mustang chassis was never meant to have IRS. I would still suggest getting a Panhard bar and lca's. I think that would be the best bang for your buck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.