Steeda heavy duty rear sway bar

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thats the same stiffness as the OEM 98 Cobra bar & Eibach Bar

cntchds

Reaction score
I was once in the same boat as you thinking that I wanted the stiffest bar too, but that isn't the case. Sway bars should always be used as a sort of tuning device, and there is no real end all be all answer to which sway bar is the best way to go. It is all up to the feeling from the driver's seat of the pants. Try a couple different things, and who knows, maybe the "stiffer is better" approach will work for you, but it's always good to know what the other options felt like to know why what you put on the car stayed there. :thumbsup:

2kblacksleeper

Reaction score
I've got a Progress group front sway bar and i am picking up the rear sway bar in a couple of days.

The front bar made a huge difference. I was really pleased with the results. I need struts and ball joints on the front also.

John

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can honestly say, Sway bars are the BIGGEST NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE out of all suspension mods.

I currently have ST Front Sway bar, 98 Cobra rear sway bar, and steeda adjustable rear sway bar.

The sway bars make any stang feel like a go-kart

cntchds

Reaction score
I want to say yes, but they could just be the same as 96/97. Like I said before, though, it is all about the driver's feel. Don't give into the hype that you want the stiffest sway bars you can get. In the end you probably will not get the result you want.

cntchds

Reaction score
How many times must it be stated that the sway bar is a tuning device. There is no "right" sway bar, or there wouldn't be so many different ones on the market. It is all up to the driver and the car to decide what is right for you.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i have the HD sway bar, adjustable sway bar and a pan hard bar. in my application the steeda HD bar is too long. it contacts the pan hard rod. thats my only con about it. also, mine feels a ton better than the stock suspension. i really dont have any roll in any turns or at higher speeds. i am also wingless.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
To stiff a bar will cause you to pick up the inside turning wheel. Talking withquite a few suspension companys and most suggest stock with Polly bushings outside of say a griggs adjustable front bar. Alot of it has to do with the struts. If you run correct struts with the right spring rate you won't hav near the body roll. Bigger sway bars don't do anything but stiffen it up in minor situations. In an open track session you really need to tune it.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
is the '98 Cobra rear sway bar different from the other year Cobras?

If i remember right, the 98 Cobra rear swaybar was slightly larger in diameter, and hollow in the center....
could be wrong though.

cntchds

Reaction score
Steven said:
To stiff a bar will cause you to pick up the inside turning wheel. Talking withquite a few suspension companys and most suggest stock with Polly bushings outside of say a griggs adjustable front bar. Alot of it has to do with the struts. If you run correct struts with the right spring rate you won't hav near the body roll. Bigger sway bars don't do anything but stiffen it up in minor situations. In an open track session you really need to tune it.

Agreed, however this thread is about rear sway bars.

All that sway bars do is make it so that the two wheels have less independent movement in the vertical plane. If you are drag racing, that's good. If you are taking some turns, that isn't always the best thing in the world, especially when the bar is so stiff you start lifting the inside tire off of the ground.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online