Lowering, but want good track manners?

97aztecgt

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm looking to lower my car very soon, but I've heard that lowering springs can hurt your times at the track. I was wondering if there is a lower spring that will lower the car, but also help you with your 60ft's and weight transfer at the track? Right now the suspension is completely stock on my car ('94 Cobra), however I do have some Kenny Brown sub-frame connectors that I still have to install. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Brenton

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
well you can get drag springs, also you can cut the rear springs and let it lower and still keep the same spring rate as before. Personally i have about 4 sets of stock springs that are different heights so I can try different things.

But to do it right for a daily driver, you should get some nice drag shocks (either like lake woods or strange/tokico adjustables) and a good drag shock

OP
OP

97aztecgt

Reaction score
Do you mean a set of drag shocks and drag springs? When you lower the car, aren't you supposed to get new shocks to accommodate the new lower stance? So if I got a set of lowering springs, would I need to get shocks that are a little shorter or could I just get some lowering springs with some drag shocks? I want like real drag-like shock.

Brenton

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
94blacksnk said:
Do you mean a set of drag shocks and drag springs? When you lower the car, aren't you supposed to get new shocks to accommodate the new lower stance? So if I got a set of lowering springs, would I need to get shocks that are a little shorter or could I just get some lowering springs with some drag shocks? I want like real drag-like shock.

Brenton

It all depends on how much the car is lowered, and how much available travel is in the shock. You can get the shocks i was talking about and youll be fine, i would just buy the adjustables.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
look up the spring manufacture, then get the spring measurement and then compare to stock height

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard the FRPP B springs are not bad on the 1/4 and lower the car over an inch.

Most of the progressive springs would be better than the linear because they will allow for more weight transfer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online