Tokico D-Spec

cntchds

Reaction score
I'm thinking about running these, but I was curious if anyone else here has tried them. I haven't seen any SN95s or Foxes with them, but it seems like 05+ guys love them. I'm only running 600 lb/in springs in the front, and 250 lb/in in the rear, but I figure if I get those I could do coil overs and they would stand up to that pretty good.

So is anyone running them? How are they? Is the adjuster any good?

bryand

Reaction score
ive been running them for a few years now, late 06 i believe. theyre ok, i dont feel they deserve the hype they received. i find it kind of tough to get the feel im looking for. and its hard with no markers to tell where they are sitting every time i go to ajust them. i always have to back it all the way to soft or hard then guestimate my way to where id like to be. its easy to adjust them tho. tool is like a allen wrench. the rears might be tough to get to if ur trunk still has a liner, but the fronts are right there. looking back on it i wish i just bought some 4 ways because i always have this feeling like i know theyre not all the same stiffness, and it bugs me

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Well if you get around to doing that, I wouldn't mind taking them off your hands. ;)

The adjusters are never going to adjust them the same. If you ever got it onto a shock dyno then you can figure out which settings are closest to eachother to match them better, but I would never expect the same "click" to be the same stiffness.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks for the input on the D specs, i was thinking about maybe switching to them from my Tokico Illuminas but now there's no way.

bryand

Reaction score
well they dont even click so u cant count or anything, i count rotations but i believe its 27 rotations from full soft to full stiff. when they need to get replaced im going to go with some 4 ways tho. my cobra has 4 ways and its just better for piece of mind.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Do you like the Illuminas? I want to get a strut that can handle 700-760 lb/in H&R Super Sport springs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online