In the middle of installing lowering springs....

Crone

Reaction score
So I'm trying to install lowering springs right now... I have the front left spring out, and it is the same height as the springs I am trying to put in, I was told they are eibach prokit springs. Should they be shorter then my factory springs?? The spring compressor i rented from advanced auto is garbage :angry4: :BangHead: :boxing: :violent1: it won't work for me because there is no hole in the top of our spring perch what should Ido???????!?!!!! thanks guys, Bobby

bryand

Reaction score
wow, my springs were a few inchs shorter, and i didnt even use my spring compresser, harbor freight 12$, i just forced them in, i doubt your strong enough to bend something that can hold your car up! but dont take my word for it.

W

williamswill5

my lowering springs we a couple inches shorter too and i didnt us a spring compressor either, i just put a jack under the control arm to lower the old spring and jack the new one into place

bryand

Reaction score
same thing i did, was real quick and simple, and put the juck under the rear diff and did the same.

bryand

Reaction score
do they have the same amount of coils? hope u didnt get burned!

El_Diablo

Reaction score
you need the strut spring compressor, not the coil spring compressor......

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i used internal on the front and external on the rears. and a 6 foot piece of yarn. lol.

OP
OP
C

Crone

Reaction score
Did any of you guys have the prokit, I want to make sure before I go to the kid and try to get my money back. Do they normally have a strut spring compressor to rent at advanced auto? I'll count the coils when I go back out for part two lol. I don't know if I would trust my fingers to yarn lol.... Thanks guys!!

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didnt use a spring compressor,put the top in first when you try to get the bottom part apply some pressure on the arm with your foot, and use the jack to compress the spring

Ive changed the spring on my car 3 times, not a single time i used the compressor.

Pro kit on your left hand:

intswap049.jpg

427danderson

Reaction score
Mine were a couple inches shorter too... they also say Eibach on the coils i've had them 9 months and 15,000 miles the label is still there...

OP
OP
C

Crone

Reaction score
Okay, thanks guys. The pic really helped. I'm gonna have to go have a talk with this kid...... I am so f***ing pissed off right now, my car is apart for no reason and I got F**ked outa 50 dollars. This sucks :angry4:

bryand

Reaction score
it happens, is his car worth anything? i always just wait awhile after getting burned and go take what i want!

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
wait wait wait.... lowering springs arent just about the height of the spring. its about the load that the spring carries... so the manufacturer test and produce the spring to handle a certain amount of weight... they just change the spring rate right? they dont actually make the springs shorter. they change the stiffness of the spring... therby changing how it holds the car.

if they say eibach on em. he didnt *** you out of your money. try putting them in and putting the car back on its wheels. if it sits the same height. then go after the mother ******

cntchds

Reaction score
They don't just lower the spring rate and keep the same height/number of coils, because that would give you a worse ride. Lowering springs either have a higher spring rate and are considerably shorter, or a similar spring rate and a bit shorter.

chaz

Reaction score
+1
take a pic of the springs, I have BBK in my car and Eibach in my garage

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Alright i knew i had better pics of the springs
here they are:

springsclassi003.jpg

springsclassi002.jpg

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
If the springs don't say Eibach on them i'd go talk to the kid for sure. Like Javi was saying I've done lowering springs several times on my car too and I've never used a spring compressor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online