Anyone running Mach 1 or Bullitt Springs?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I need to get my car up in the air a bit and think the Stock Bullitt or Mach1 springs would do the trick.
My Steedas look great and ride even better but NJ roads hate lowered cars.

Any pics?

I'm considering C springs also...

gt96stang

Reaction score
I've got FRPP "C" springs.. They might suit you.. They're not entirely too low, although it is definitely lower than stock.
A lot of people say you don't need c/c plates with these, but I think my car actually needs a set of them, as my tires are wearing on the insides and my stock stuff is maxed.

Blind

Reaction score
I was under the impression that mach1/bullitt springs were the same drop and spring rate as the steeda springs, but I suppose they have multiple models.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah mine is low, i can only get 1 finger between my tire and fender.
It rides and feels great but its too low for where i live.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Blind said:
I was under the impression that mach1/bullitt springs were the same drop and spring rate as the steeda springs, but I suppose they have multiple models.

The Mach drop .5 inch from stock
The Bullitt drop .75 from stock
Thats on 99-04 and supposedly they drop another .5 on 94-98's ???

My Steeda Springs dropped me atleast 2 inches.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This won't get shit for views in the Suspension area thats why i put it where i did, i'll move it when i'm done.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Either of the springs will give you a good ride, and either of the springs are cheap. I'd say to go for Bullitts, just because they are a little bit lower. Keep that nice look of the car.

PS., if you have Jersey roads so much, you can always move to SoCal. We've got race tracks here too.

Edit: ok move it back.

LI98GT

Reaction score
You've always got me as Bullit spring poster boy. With no ISOs I'm two and a half fingers front and 3 fingers rear. Neva scrape and I've driven in Jersey plenty of times. I hate I-95 between the GWB and Lincoln tunnel BTW. Seriously though, I wish it were a finger or so less. My drop was ~1" in front and ~.75" in back.
For giggles, here are recent pics taken at the Sayville Ford show so you can get an up to date look and decide for yourself.
IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
man, the Steeda springs I had said 1-1.25" drop. If my car had looked like yours I wouldn't have gotten rid of them.

LI98GT

Reaction score
switch96 said:
GREAT looking car, LI.

Thanks, appreciate it. There were soooo many 05s+ at the show that day. To clarify: I have no ISOs in the front only and it dropped an addt'l ~.25" so a total of 1.25" in the front and again ~.75" for the rear.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Those would work, now if i could find a set at a decent price...

Another option is to try some new iso's and try and get 1/4 inch or so in the front for now.
I may just go for a Coil over setup.

Blind

Reaction score
I'm not sure which model # I have, but I am running steeda springs on my car now (previously was running H&R's with no iso's and it was waaaay too low and harsh for a DD).

IMG_1345Large.jpg

the spring rate is pretty low and they react a lot slower than the H&R's did, with a lot more body roll, but I'm still the fastest mustang at every autox I've done with the car since I did the spring swap.

3927552341_a074db4897_o.jpg

but what really matters is I don't bottom out all the time on the freeway or have to crawl over speed bumps anymore.

cntchds

Reaction score
I've got Mach 1 springs. What kind of spring rates are you running with the Steedas? If you're interested in a trade, I'd be up for it. ;) Just a thought...

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

venom

Reaction score
I had Bullitts on all four and now have coilovers in the front and Bullitts in the rear without ISOs. I have 1.5 fingers in the front and 3 in the rear since the tire is too thin 30s. Once I go with a 315 35 it will fill in the wheel well a bit more.

IMG_7230.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online