Fading brakes...

x182dan

Reaction score
Okay guys after a little run in with a vette on the highway. I now realize how much my brakes suck. I got real bad fade fairly quickly. The pedal is usually nice and firm but it went to mush and almost to the floor. I currently have pbr dual piston calipers with nothing special napa pads. They are about 2 years old. I still have the stock rear brakes. Theres also slotted rotors all the way around. I am curious if new performance pads will help any? Or will I need to upgrade the calipers to avoid this problem? I am not looking for the best out there just something that won't fade so damn quickly. I also have 18in rims that are pretty heavy if that matters.
Dan

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Loss of pedal pressure is primarily overheated brake fluid. Bleed it all out, and replace it with something good. I run ATE Super Blue. It's cheap, and it works both on and off the track.

OP
OP
X

x182dan

Reaction score
CW Cobra said:
^^ try that.. Hey did the vette smoke you or what? lol

haha NO until my brakes gave up, the vette def. has superior brakes and suspension than my car thats for sure

gearhead

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen one time in a T/A with stock brakes. The main problem was there was a car in front of me and I didn't see him until it was almost too late. I nailed the brake pedal and it was like I was coasting...I was ready to ditch it but I managed to slow it down in time. Definitely made my butthole pucker a little bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online