Would like to do whole front end suspension and moving parts

themissinglink

Reaction score
I would like to replace all the old parts on the front of my '94 Mustang and would like to ask owners what brands of parts are the best quality and good price.

I would like to replace the struts, wheel bearings, tie rods, ball joints upper and lower, any bushings related to front end, springs, and anything else you can think of that that is related to the front or would be wise to change or look at for safety. I live in Wisconsin and would like to do the whole front while it's parked for winter. I just don't want to have to come back to fix little parts that are a PITA later. The car has 100,000 miles and the steering is loose but the tires are solid, as in I don't think it's the tie rods but maybe the rack gear or drag link? Also the car squeaks loud when I turn the wheel. Probably the lower ball joint, so I just want to do it all and not really have to worry for another 15 years.

I also would like to ask where is the best place to buy the parts price wise. I have about $500 and would like to spend it as wisely as possible. Thank you all for taking the time to help.

Hybridbird

Reaction score
NAPA is about your best bet for quality American made parts if your looking to buy local,and MOOG is a well made part.I guess it it can be said with 95% certainty that the squeaking during turning is coming from your lower ball joints, these are your only ball joints, you don't have uppers.The wheel bearings are sealed into the hub, you will have to replace it as a unit.Your rack gear could very well be worn with that much mileage, but I would check the tie rod ends first,especially the inners.Also,being as your car has rack and pinion steering, you don't have a drag link either.I would say if your inner tie rod ends are worn enough to need replacing,I would just replace the rack, as the rest of it is probably not far behind, and it's easier ( for me anyway) to put in a whole rack the inners are a tedious PIA to replace.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I got some MOOG ball jointsoff ebay from World Suspension and only paid 39 bucks shipped for both.

I do know that they had everything you would need and they had a decent amount of MOOG suspension parts ( this was back in March) so you will have to check. I did message the guy and he said that if i let them know what i needed they would make a package price.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Buy termi front control arms, MM solid steering rack bushings, new shorter swaybar endlinks, poly isos, MM c/c plates, springs etc.
By repla cing your current arms with termis, you get new better bj's, stiffer control arm bushings, and a 10% better turning radius.
If you are replacing tie rod ends you may as well got a bump steer kit as well. For a stiffer steering feel, mm makes a great steering shaft

BTW, $500 won't go far. springs + c/c plates is about $500.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online