315 tires

det_riot

Reaction score
Well I just picked up some 10.5s for the stang and was wondering what everyone's opinions were on bfg g-force drs, nitto 555r, and mt et streets are. I've never been to the track but may make a few trips on occasion. So the car is pretty much a street car. What is going to give the best grip on the street? Thanks!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Grip is grip, regardless of where it is. ET streets should hook the hardest, but they will be gone very quickly. 555Rs are not as grippy as the other two, but they will last the longest. You can probably get something like 10k miles out of Nittos if you don't do too many burn outs.

blown98gt

Reaction score
like the man said, nitto et streets will be the best street grip but they aren't going to last long and you're looking at a decent chunk of change for a set of 315 rears

95rioredcobra

Reaction score
If I were you I would pick up a set of NT555 Extreme street tires you can get a set of 315s for just north of $300 mounted & balanced. When you are ready to hit the track invest in a set of MTs for track use only... They don't like the rain no matter now many ppl say they are Drag Radials.

DFG_magic

Reaction score
Get the Nitto DR's. I think they are even cheaper than the regular 555's in a 315/35/17 at American Muscle. Stray away from the BFG DR's if you are running the car on the street/DD. They are horrible in the rain.

bryand

Reaction score
ive got nitto 555r's on my cobra for about 8k now and theres not much tread left, but whenever i take it out i beat on it pretty good.

OP
OP
det_riot

det_riot

Reaction score
So nitto seems to be what I'm going to end up going with considering it gets dd treatment most days over the summer. Best places for prices? American Muscle, Tirerack?

joekd

Reaction score
Since your car rarely sees any track use I wouldnt go with a DR at all, just get a performance tire in the 315 size, the extra tread width alone should give you grip

gearhead

Reaction score
joekd said:
Since your car rarely sees any track use I wouldnt go with a DR at all, just get a performance tire in the 315 size, the extra tread width alone should give you grip

If you go that route stay away from Sumitomo HTRZ's. They don't grip worth a crap, dry or wet. I'm gonna go with Nitto's when I wear them out.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I loved my 555R's and I'd recommend them, great street tire. I got mine from Discount Tire Direct and i would have gotten them again in a second for my 18's if they had been priced more reasonable.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I have 255's up front and 315's out back. NT05's. And Damn they look sexy.....

bryand

Reaction score
u should get snow tires, i have a set and they are amazing, they were like 800 bucks but ive had the stang at work and we ended up with 14 inchs of snow instead of the 1 we were suppose to get and i was passing 4x4 trucks stuck in the snow. they looked shocked

OP
OP
det_riot

det_riot

Reaction score
well i'm not driving it in the winter, its going to sleep in a nice garage ha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah