what to do next?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I'm getting close to a completing my suspension.

My current parts list;

QA1 k-member
E/S endlinks
E/S sway bar bushings
Cobra 1" front sway bar
Cobra rear sway bar
Tubular u/l control arms
"purple ricer-springs"

Items on order include a MM bumpsteer kit, MM C/C plates, MM full length subframe connectors, MM panhard bar and new, wider tires.
Should that be enough for a kick ass, corner carvin mofo that would still have good manners in traffic??

Coil springs-

Mine suck. They lowered the car, and they ride good. Job well done until pushed. Then they seem to be too soft for my aggressive
Driving style. I'm torn between a set of h&r super sports or coilovers... Suggestions?

I plan to attend a "lapping-day" on the 31st and want to enjoy a little controlled chaos!! This is the first time I'll be putting the car on this track and I'm sure I'll find my weaknesses as a driver.

roadcourselayout.gif

Blind

Reaction score
you'll do fine, but my recommendation would be to replace the upper control arms with stock ones to reduce your 4 link bind.

don't worry about the springs until you actually do some events and get a feel for the car.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
+1 for swapping the upper arms for stockers!! I have to replace the housing bushings so should I use a oe replacement type or continue with the energy suspension theme?? F UC K the solid/spherical bushings... They make too much noise and their too harsh for me.

Blind

Reaction score
stock rubber with stock arms on the uppers, poly bushings only bind MORE and that is not what you want.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would get some Stock LCAs

I would also get some 03/04 Cobra Front Control Arms also.

Ciotti

Reaction score
Depending on what the bushing material is in the tubular LCA's he has they may be quite a bit better than stock LCA's, and he said he has a QA1 k member so he probably also has their tubular a arms and coil overs so he can't use Terminator a arms unless he has that wacky spring perch setup in place with that k member and standard springs.

White95, who makes the lower control arms you have? If you don't know that, what bushings are in them on either side, poly and poly, spherical and poly(hopefully) etc...

Also, any idea what rate springs and what shocks are up front on that QA1 coilover setup? For the record, it scares me that you're going to be road racing that car with that tubular k member, it's designed for weight savings/drag racing so putting a lot of cornering forces on it is questionable. If you do a search over on Coral in the road racing forum you'll find a lot more info on that from some very knowledgeable guys.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I have experienced "buyer-remorse" with the k-member since I decided to spend more time on the road course. It will be replaced with a MM k-member when I re-do my engine.

I have the wacky spring perch setup :)

I have tubular lower control arms with poly bushings out back.

Ciotti

Reaction score
What are the chassis side bushings on those LCA's?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online