Quad Shocks are they needed?

built454

Reaction score
I was wondering if the quad shocks are actually needed. I put some 315 on the back and they're rubbing. I talked to my chassis guy and he said you don't need them take 'em off if they're rubbing. What do you think?

joekd

Reaction score
They help prevent wheelhop, if you upgrade your lower control amrs they are pretty much useless

If still running OEM control arms just flip the quad shocks (top to bottom) so they give more clearance

OP
OP
B

built454

Reaction score
I'll try that.

I'm putting new Tokicos all around with camber plates.

NERD

Reaction score
Just take a hammer and "Lightly" dimple the shock. They are a bind point for articulation of the rear end but if you have AM upper and lowers you can take them off.

DSTRBD

Reaction score
Not with a good upper and lower control arm setup...

gearhead

Reaction score
SVTurbo 98 said:
I have upgraded contol arms and I removed my quad shocks. I don't have any wheels hop. But like joekd said you will get more clearance if you just flip them.

+1. I don't have them on, but I do have aftermarket LCA's.

x182dan

Reaction score
I took them off and have never had any wheel hop ever in the stang

mikey94gt

Reaction score
That was the first thing I took off my car was the quad shocks, and I was running stock control arms for a while. Of course, they were pretty much shot anyways.

OP
OP
B

built454

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I have stock Lower and upper CA's. I'll remove 'em and see what happens. IF they create a problem i'll put 'em in upside down. a little experiment. I just don't want them messing my tires up.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
The brackets on the body are just held on by bolts, by the way. they are easy to take off too......

NERD

Reaction score
If you don't have U/L control arms, sticky tires and good shocks help BUT only to a certain level of power. IDK what that level is, I was never willing to risk it.

OP
OP
B

built454

Reaction score
They are on with no issues. Took the quads off. Does'nt seem to be a difference. :wave:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online