Has anyone used hawk brake pads?

idro

Reaction score
Are they any good? Just about totalled my damn car today care of autozone crappy cheap brake pads. Getting off the interstate today and went to hit the brakes and it went spongy. Let off hit them again, same result. Finally a third time got them to bite but the SOB's locked up. So after gearing down and riding the drunk/wake up lines all the way down i got it stopped. To make matters worse some dumbass old lady stopped in front of the offramp on the road running perpindicular to sit and watch me where i could have broad sided her dumbass. GRRRRR... Believe it or not, was only going around 65+/- mph while leaving the interstate. But yea, i got a nice little crease in the seat there permanently...

But anywho, brake pads. Which do yall prefer? I am going to bleed the brakes too and put some fresh fluid in there aswell...

95rioredcobra

Reaction score
I have been using the Hawk HPS Street pads for years and have always been satisfied with them. EBC street/strip pads are great, Monroe makes a new Ceramic pad that works very well, and also Axis makes some good High Performance Street pads as well. Those are my top choices.

OP
OP
I

idro

Reaction score
95rioredcobra said:
I have been using the Hawk HPS Street pads for years and have always been satisfied with them. EBC street/strip pads are great, Monroe makes a new Ceramic pad that works very well, and also Axis makes some good High Performance Street pads as well. Those are my top choices.

Could you tell a difference over stock? When i first put on these crappy ones i knew they were bad news but at the time i was strapped for cash. Like when i first apply the pedal it just kind of ..... slides, and doesnt bite like every other pad i have used does...

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
Sounds like there might be something else wrong if its that bad, or if the pads are worn down to nothing. But ive been useing Hawk pads and love them. But when I put them on I also put on power-slot slotted rotors, so its not a fair comparison over the stock stuff.

OP
OP
I

idro

Reaction score
]
BlkoutGT said:
Sounds like there might be something else wrong if its that bad, or if the pads are worn down to nothing. But ive been useing Hawk pads and love them. But when I put them on I also put on power-slot slotted rotors, so its not a fair comparison over the stock stuff.

Well im probably going to order them and the rotors aswell. I have a heatcrack in the passenger side rotor, i think? So new rotors are warranted anyway. But the pads are new, its just taht when i say cheap, i mean like 30 dollars for a set kind of cheap, LOL.

wytstang

Reaction score
Always had good luck with OEM brakes.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/

These are what i am currently running. Porterfield brakes are the best in the world. They are used by race teams worldwide. I am using there street pad, the R4-S.

This pad is amazing. The bite is crazy!!! Because they are carbon-kevlar they are dustless.

I have been to these guy's headquarters in Costa Mesa.... They KNOW what they are talking about.

Just look at what this says on there site right before you select the pad. :headbang:

"Note: We can make any pad from these compounds if a listing is not shown we would need the year make and model. If it is a pad for an after market caliper that we do not show a listing for we would need a tracing of the pad with the length, height, and total thickness (including backing plate) desired. Most pads can be made and shipped on the same day ordered."

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
I use Hawk HP+ pads on my 13" cobra brakes (front) and stock GT rear and I like them... They are a good biting pad, but they squeal
on the street every now and then, but they are supposed to be mostly used for Auto X anyway, so I'll see how they do in that category
a week from tomorrow.

gearhead

Reaction score
The Hawk pads I've used produce a good bit of dust but will definitely be an upgrade from stock. The dust and squealing will be considerably less if you go with a street compound over one designed for autoX or road race.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.