Lower ball joints.

2kblacksleeper

Reaction score
I really need to replace my lowers. I looked at Napa's and they have a standard and an oversized.

What is the benefit of the oversized? I know the cheep ones are made with composites and dont last as long. I herd the better ones have a bronze shaft and are better for wear.

What can you teach me. Any info is greatly taken.

Thanks,

John

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
+1 on the 03 cobra Arms, didnt feel like buying new ball joints and paying someone to do it.
its cheaper to do 03 cobra arms.IMO

GT119

Reaction score
i just replaced mine with the steeda x2 ball joints using the Mac Tools BJ7025MA
popup.aspx

it wasn't as bad as i thought. both sides were done in about an hour and a half

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I did the Cobra A arms also but they were half the price they are now so that has to be factored in. When they need replacing i'll use the Steeda ones.

Slykin

Reaction score
I'm really not sure.. I replaced my right one with a piece of crap one from autozone.. :BangHead: I didn't enjoy the process at ALL; though it was my first major thing i've ever done to a car so I didn't know what I was doing. If you can figure out everything before hand it's not that bad. I'd say stick with normal sized though..

blackpony

Reaction score
the oversized ones are just bigger around where they go into the arms. I just bought new oem ford ball joints and urethane bushings rebuilt them myself and have been happy with the results!!! took me about a day just taking my time and eating lunch...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
DropTopPony said:
I did the Cobra A arms also but they were half the price they are now so that has to be factored in. When they need replacing i'll use the Steeda ones.

they went up in price?!

Yup, i paid 137.50 for my Cobra A arms and now they are like $250.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah they went way up in price. In my situation i should have just taken off the LCA's and put them in a vise and done it.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just did the cobra A-Arms. I got mine for $40 on a local forum off cobra with like 10,000 miles on them lol

OP
OP

2kblacksleeper

Reaction score
I've looked for a while locally and could not find any.

Cost wise buying new joints vs new arms the joints are less expensive.

John

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online