Camber plates rattle

built454

Reaction score
I installed new struts and camber plates this weekend on my already lowered stang. I took it to the alignment shop and every bump I went over they made a rattle sound. I made sure everything was tight and got it as close to the original position as i could. I have UPR's 4 bolt cc plates w/ Tokico struts. Has anyone else had the same issue? and what did you do to stop the rattles?

dafizuck

Reaction score
I had this rattle with my mm c/c plates. I have heard its from the bushings that are installed on strut shaft. There is a very little amount of wiggle room in the spacers and thats exactly whats happening. I originally had 3 on top and 1 on the ottom (I thinks.. been a long time since I had them that way) and I just swapped one of the large spacers under the plate and it limited the sound. I dont think it hurts anything. I just the music up.. haha. Again, I dont know if im 100% right, but Ive heard that more than once.

blackpony

Reaction score
i had a set of hotchskis cc plates and they rattled like crazy!!! finally just took them off and sold them... modified the stock ones to adjust like i wanted and have been happy since...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online