Rear axle centering off?

Reaction score
Just got new wheels and tires, the rear tires are 305 DR, everytime i look at the back of my car i see the left tire sticking out a bit more then the right side, and also can tell cuz the tires slightly rubb if i turn hard or roll threw a ditch to fast, and the left side seems to get more of the beating, its killing me guys these DR arent cheap and i keep seeing the ket a lil strip peal everytime i hear it rub, any ever had to center there rear axle before? ( gettin fenders rolled soon )

cntchds

Reaction score
Well what are they rubbing on? The best choice to keep the axle centered is to put on a panhard bar. This won't center it, but it will not allow the side to side slush that your car gets now. If you find one used they usually aren't too bad price wise, just keep your eyes peeled on Corral.

NERD

Reaction score
No axle is perfectly centered. Every car will have a small variance. I've built more than a dozen cars and not one of them has had a perfectly centered rear end. Normally they are kicked out to the passenger side about 1/8"-1/4"

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Has your car ever been in an accident? There is no factory way to correct axle "off center", it is possible that your frame is slightly
bent/tweaked and your axle position is off.. Your best way to figure out if your eye is correct is to have the cars alignment checked.
The "Thrust Angle" is the angle in which the rear wheels are pointing compared to the centerline of the vehicle.. If i remember right,
a positive thrust angle is pointing toward the right, and negative is to the left. IMO anything over a 1/2 degree either direction is too
excessive, and you have a problem. Most places should give you an alignment printout for you to look at.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like your control arms might be worn.

the axle will deflect to the side under a load with the stock 4-link setup.
but it should go back to "close to" center when you get off it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online