13" Brake Upgrade

mach1197203

Reaction score
Finally got my Brake upgrade done. I used the 04 Mach 1 calipers to give it a more sleeper look.
Here is the list of what i got and how much they cost.

'04 Mach 1 Calipers- $51.99X2 (Oreilly's, I had Autozone match the price because they have a better rebuilt caliper)
'04 Mach 1 Caliper Brackets- Junkyard FREE (this took a lot of looking and a lot of patience)
'04 Mach 1 Caliper Hardware- $8.00
'04 Mach 1 Front rotors and pads- $80.00 (the Rotors are Slotted and Drilled and Zinc platted Powerstop Kenetic rotors, The pads are their Evalution Ceramic pads) Brake Motive on EBAY.
Total $192.00

I used my stock Hoses for now, but I will be upgrading to stainless soon so there is another $60. Amazingly the soft pedal that everyone complains about I dont have but you do have to be carefull how hard you get into them or you will be picking steering wheel out of your teeth. I have the rotors and pads for the 11.50" upgrade to still do but i have to get the rear brackets still for that. even if I buy those brand new from ford I will have less than what ones of those kits cost for just the front.

brake3.jpg

DFG_magic

Reaction score
Nice. I just installed the same rotors/pads but 94-95 GT fitment. The stuff is great!

OP
OP
M

mach1197203

Reaction score
96s281_081 said:
Nice. I just installed the same rotors/pads but 94-95 GT fitment. The stuff is great!

Did you get them from Brakemotive also? I think I am going to get another set from them for my wife's car when it is time for it. I still can't believe that I was able to get all 4 corners rotors and pads with tax and shipping for $160.00

dafizuck

Reaction score
They do look massive in that wheel. A lot of patience that I could never have, "economy mod" haha. Nice man.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I picked up my kit from FRPP. Stainless lines came with it. Gotta love the 300 dollar special. Still a good deal for you. I just liked mine because It took me two minutes to buy it, and an hour to put it on lol

OP
OP
M

mach1197203

Reaction score
Did you get stock style rotors with that upgrade or did it come with slotted and cross drilled? Also did they come with the "cobra" stamped calipers or the "pony" calipers? I wanted to go more with the sleeper look thats why I went with the Mach 1 calipers. I kinda blew that when I got the Zinc plated rotor though. I get someone almost every day that stops to talk to me about the brakes now. LOL

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
LOL. Stock brembos, motorcraft pads, Bullitt Red w/ pony calipers. Stainless chicane lines. I love the red calipers. I plan to paint the back to match.

OP
OP
M

mach1197203

Reaction score
No I decided to just leave them with the factory coating on them so as to not draw more attention to them.

midim

Reaction score
Whether there are problems in operation of these brakes? How efficiency of braking?

MadStang

Reaction score
midim said:
Whether there are problems in operation of these brakes? How efficiency of braking?

Brake Bias is a little more to the front. But in a street setting it won't really make a difference. I had the Mach brake upgrade on my v6, just had the big brakes up front, stock sized rears. The car had a tendency under heavy braking to only lock up the fronts, I never locked the rears up. also when not braking in a straight line, it had a tendency to kick the rear end out a bit, nothing uncontrollable of course, but, it was noticeable on a track setting. Like I said though, none of this will matter on the street, you won't feel any issues braking it's just under continuous max load like road racing where I felt something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online