lowering

jerms

Reaction score
so the next thing on my list of mods is lowering my stang. does anyone have any suggestions on the springs or anything else?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
What would you like to do with the car, Drag Race, Road Race, Show car or just daily drive but not be so high up??

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ford springs for a good replacement for daily driver. you may need shorter end-links if it lowers it too low.

dafizuck

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
ford springs for a good replacement for daily driver. you may need shorter end-links if it lowers it too low.

Those got boring real fast. I had these springs.. not low enough so I took the isos out. Picked up some sportlines with isos, not low enough so I just finished taking the isos out. Go low once, youll be happy with yourself.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
dafizuck said:
MustangChris said:

Those got boring real fast. I had these springs.. not low enough so I took the isos out. Picked up some sportlines with isos, not low enough so I just finished taking the isos out. Go low once, youll be happy with yourself.

springs are easy enough to swap out... i suggest ford since they are his first set and he hasnt clearified his future use.

dafizuck

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
dafizuck said:
MustangChris said:

springs are easy enough to swap out... i suggest ford since they are his first set and he hasnt clearified his future use.

They are.... but being in there ten times gets redundant and dreadful to do.. imo.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
How do you use your mustang? How low do you want to lower your mustang?
What condition is your shocks and struts in? Do they need replacing?
I always liked the Eibach Pro Kit springs.The drop is about 1.4-1.5" all around from what I have seen.
I'd get an alignment after you install your springs to make sure your car
is aligned properly.

OP
OP
J

jerms

Reaction score
my car is gunna be a daily driver/ show car but i am working on getting another car to drive daily so i just want the lowered look

Pennywise2

Reaction score
jerms said:
my car is gunna be a daily driver/ show car but i am working on getting another car to drive daily so i just want the lowered look
The Eibach Pro Kit springs are what I am considering to lower my car.
They should be ideal for you if you just want that lowered look.
I think they give the perfect stance in my opnion not no low not too high.
Handling should greatly improve though.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ford springs + isos.

matching shocks + struts.

lowe sway bar end links if required.

/ thread. :)

B springs
http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford+Racing/397/M-5300-B/10002/-1

c springs
http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford+Racing/397/M-5300-C/10002/-1

f springs
http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford+Racing/397/M-5300-F/10002/-1

(pick your own matching shocks/struts based on personal preference. I suggest Bilstien (sp?) and tokico (sp?) from my personal experience. Monroe (sp?) also make a quality product.

isos, you may need two kits. 1 for front, 1 for back... i dont remember exactly...
http://www.jegs.com/i/Prothane/311/6-1701/10002/-1

end links. i forget what length you need when you lower the car past 1.5"... someone else can help you out on that
http://www.jegs.com/i/Prothane/311/19-416/10002/-1

if you desire any other bushings, i have a few for sale in the classified section under "90% of PI swap + other parts"

i have front control arms, rear control arms, strut tower. all prothane bushings.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
jerms said:

eibach make a very high quality product. if you go with them, you wont be disappointed.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
Pennywise2 said:
jerms said:

eibach make a very high quality product. if you go with them, you wont be disappointed.
Yep, Chris everyone I know how had the Eibach Pro Kit springs was very happy with them.
The Eibach Sportline springs have a tendency over the years to sag in the rear and they
are the only Eibach springs that people have had any issues with.
I'd also consider doing shocks and struts at the same time you do your springs.
These are the springs I want to purchase.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EIB-3510-140/

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If i were to do it again i'd go with some FRPP C springs on a Daily Driver. I went with Steeda Sport Superlites and its sits perfect and rides great on nice fresh paved roads and highways BUT on any kind of bumps or imperfections i scrape and scratch because its too low.

I hear Michigan roads are as bad as NJ roads so you might not want to go too low.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
If i were to do it again i'd go with some FRPP C springs on a Daily Driver. I went with Steeda Sport Superlites and its sits perfect and rides great on nice fresh paved roads and highways BUT on any kind of bumps or imperfections i scrape and scratch because its too low.

I hear Michigan roads are as bad as NJ roads so you might not want to go too low.

i completely agree... and with the ford logo on them, they are any easy sell on ebay or craigeslist if you change your set-up later on...

i have shitty BBKs to get rid off... lol... boo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010