Anyone have the MM 6 pt roll bar?

97blackout

Reaction score
I just cancelled my order from sparco on their bar, and I'm really considering the Maximum Motorsports 6 point roll bar and having that put in as my little mini winter project, just wondering if anyone has one or has had one before and how hard the installation was. Also maybe some pictures if possibel, I know MM has them on their site, but I just wanted to see it with the door bars swung out to see how hard it would be to get in and out. Oh and it's the one with the fixed harness mount and the swing out door bars. Thank you.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I plan on going with the 6pt as well, but would like to see pics as well and any thoughts on it as a whole. BUMP!

castine917

Reaction score
i have a 6pt. w/ swing out door bars from maximum motorsports. bought it 6?years ago. my bank card showed a different address in their files because it was the address for the bank not mine so after waiting and waiting for it to arrive and numerous calls to get them to tell me why it had not really shipped but i was told it had it came. did the install myself plus a few buddies. at that time maximum claimed to have the only sanctioned cage that could be welded while out of car so the cage was in and out a few times. had a slip that was my fault scratch above a door. contact sandwich plates take some work with a hammer to fit(all manufacturers will have this do to floor variances from ford). the bars that go from wheelwell to main hoop have to be cut down to length with a hole saw(they supplied instructions of how to do this properly but i do not remember if i had to buy the blade) and then welded together. the ears that hold the pins for door bars to main hoop were welded in improperly by their machine. after a few choice phone calls were made to send it back and wait another month or so for another one it was decided to cut the ear and re weld it in ourselves. we did paint but i would recommend powdercoat on door bars. door bars are held in with pins. pins have a sprung ball that keeps pin in and a hoop like a key chain or hood pin for removal. door bars can be annoying but can be left out when wanted and ready to use when wanted(mine are often in back seat foot area). don't have camara for pictures to show you but can describe most of it if you have questions. looks like most any other six point cage i think.

NERD

Reaction score
Autopower and MM are the two best quality mass produced semi assembled kits on the market. I've always been torn between if I wanted to put in a AutoX or Drag standard cage/bar.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
I had one in my r/s car for a long time. The down bars that go to the rear can be either welded or bolted in, they go between the edge of the seat and the door panel back to the wheel well. You put the plate in the wheel well from the outside, and have to beat the crap out of it to shape it to the wheel well, but it's not hard. I also had the swing out/removable door bars, it is best to take them out and leave them in the trunk or back seat unless you need them. The rear plastic 1/4 panels have to be notched under the seat area to clear the bar. I welded my down bars in, got everything together, then tacked it, and pulled it back out and welded it. I would not recommend this unless you are planning on leaving this bar in for the time you own your car, as it is a pita to get it in and out after welding. Also, painting or powder coating should be done after it is welded and before you put it back in for the last time.
I am a MM dealer and can give you a good deal on one shipped straight to you. PM me and I will fill you in.

castine917

Reaction score
what would you like a picture of? maybe then someone can get specific photos for you.

OP
OP

97blackout

Reaction score
NXcoupe said:
I am a MM dealer and can give you a good deal on one shipped straight to you. PM me and I will fill you in.
PM Sent, not quite sure if you got it or not

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Yep, got it and shot it back, thanks!

OP
OP

97blackout

Reaction score
Just got mine ordered yesterday, should be showing up this time next week, so I'll make sure to post some pics once I get it installed.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
awesome man, keep us posted! what did you end up going with? the 6pt with swing outs?

OP
OP

97blackout

Reaction score
Yeah I went with the 6 point with swing-outs, NXcoupe hooked me up and saved me about $100 total which was awesome. Now I just have to order the harnesses, and I also have a rear seat delete showing up on wednesday. So my assignmet for the weekend is tearing apart my back seats. I'm excited :)

OP
OP

97blackout

Reaction score
Well if anyone wants to see some pics I'll be happy to take em...

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Nice. I've taken them out before, pain in the ass lol

OP
OP

97blackout

Reaction score
Yeah, it is a pain, I'm in the process of the rear supports now, I should be done with those tomorrow, then the door bars and paint. And then the real fun begins, the reassembly process lol :)

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Nice. Only thing I don't like about them is they go to the wheel wells. I'd much prefer rear frame rails.

OP
OP

97blackout

Reaction score
Yeah, but I needed a harness bar and the sparco one was $20 more plus shipping and I would of had to wait 5-8 weeks because they were backordered through everyone. So I decided on the roll bar instead.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online