Will these work

mxsuprastang

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've come into posession of some springs for free from a mustang owner who no longer wanted his ride lowered. They are TEIN brand. The only problem I've found out from the TEIN website (http://www.tein.com/price/ford.html) is that they only make springs for the 99-04 models and mine is a 97 GT...basically I'm wondering if these will fit at all...and if I do end up putting them on, and they aren't "made" for my car, what will they do that will damage it? Thanks in advance!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1979-2004 tend to be able to share many aftermarket springs.

i wouldnt suggest going against manufacturing specs and installation directions.

many quality springs are made for a specific reason...
1994 V6 convertible for drag
1994 v6 convertible for auto-x
1998 cobra for drag.
2003 cobra for auto-x.

*I* personally wouldnt go mix-matching equipment. Manufactureressrs tend to put their equipment through alot of testing and devlopment. althout these springs you found may "fit" i doubt they were designed, tested, and manufactured for your car.

cntchds

Reaction score
I would say go for it. If you don't like the ride quality, or the stance you can always switch back, but there will not be any damage to your car from running them.

I'm using 03 Mach 1 springs on mine, and I am not really a fan, but I think it is more a problem with my dampers more than the springs themselves. Once you've changed springs a couple times it really isn't hard at all, and not very time consuming either.

det_riot

Reaction score
Go for it! I was gonna pick some up but had the same question, I'd love to see what they look like on our cars!

Win

Legend
Reaction score
They should work just fine. The springs i have in my garage from a 03 look identical to my 94 stock springs sitting next to it.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
springs are the same, my car ahs seen 4cyl fox springs form 79, stock mach rear springs 2 different sn95 rear springs and a set of steeda springs off an 03.... BUT this said,mixing and matching the purpose of them could lead to less then ideal results in some situations

DFG_magic

Reaction score
Duff is right. All 79-04 SRA (solid rear axle) springs are interchangeable. Although you may just have differences in ride height and quality depending on which ones you go with.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
DFG magic said:
Duff is right. All 79-04 SRA (solid rear axle) springs are interchangeable. Although you may just have differences in ride height and quality depending on which ones you go with.

smart man!! :)

mustangmike98gt

Reaction score
get eibach sportlines. theyre alot cheaper, idk about anyone else but i would not spend $350-390 on springs... i got my sportlines for $160.

det_riot

Reaction score
He already has them....re-read op. "I've come into posession of some springs for free from a mustang owner who no longer wanted his ride lowered."

mustangmike98gt

Reaction score
det_riot said:
He already has them....re-read op. "I've come into posession of some springs for free from a mustang owner who no longer wanted his ride lowered."
o0o gotya. i thought he meant "came across" as in he wanted to buy em

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.