is lowering my car a bad idea?

ademily87

Reaction score
I've already bottomed out on my new headers like three times already, so I'm kinda scared to lower my car any. It looks SO much better lowered a lil bit though. I guess i just need to be more careful over bumps? The roads are ridiculous here though. I've already gone through 2 sets of shocks on my truck since I got here in Nov of 07. Should I just wait till i move somewhere with better roads to get it lowered?

dafizuck

Reaction score
I say drop it and be careful... I say that if you want a practicak car, Mustang isnt a good choice. IMO

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
snow, pot holes, manual transmission, loud, low, etc.etc.etc. not exactly a porche SUV.. ya know?

OP
OP
ademily87

ademily87

Reaction score
My first vehicle was a 1971 F250 4x4 with a 390 built from the block up by my dad and his friend with dana 60 front and rear axles with 4" of suspension lift and 35" bf goodrich mud terrains. Got about 8mpg. My parents made me get rid of it because it was not "practical". There is nothing non-practical about a mustang lol I thought they were loved for their comfort and styling and good fuel economy etc.? They seem pretty practical to me lol Not trying to argue with anyone here but I'm not too sure ya'll understand the meaning of practical...Now make a 600hp mustang, yea, thats not practical lol

dafizuck

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
snow, pot holes, manual transmission, loud, low, etc.etc.etc. not exactly a porche SUV.. ya know?

Thank you sir.

dafizuck

Reaction score
ademily87 said:
My first vehicle was a 1971 F250 4x4 with a 390 built from the block up by my dad and his friend with dana 60 front and rear axles with 4" of suspension lift and 35" bf goodrich mud terrains. Got about 8mpg. My parents made me get rid of it because it was not "practical". There is nothing non-practical about a mustang lol I thought they were loved for their comfort and styling and good fuel economy etc.? They seem pretty practical to me lol Not trying to argue with anyone here but I'm not too sure ya'll understand the meaning of practical...Now make a 600hp mustang, yea, thats not practical lol

I just meant these days.. all things considered, they are not "that" practical.

OP
OP
ademily87

ademily87

Reaction score
Its all good. I'm just saying. Factory they're about as low as any other coupe or sedan out on the market. Not that loud and what doesn't come with an optional manual transmission? lol

kashiamjed

Reaction score
I have BBK Longtubes and a BBK shorty O/R h-pipe and Eibach sportline's on my stang and I bottom out pretty bad sometimes lol, and they are new :crybaby2:

If you've already replaced 2 sets of shocks because you live on a bad road, I'd wait till later to get them. Just my .02

Mean98GT

Reaction score
If the roads are that bad maybe you should wait. It does look alot better slammed though.

OP
OP
ademily87

ademily87

Reaction score
Yea I'll probably just wait. How many beatings can the headers take before I tear something up? Its such a gut wrenching feeling when I hit a bump the wrong way...It feels like its rippin em right off!!

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have sportlines no insolators, my exhaust is MAC longtubes and bassani x pipe.
i scrape my midpipe before i scrape my headers.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Lower it just go with a spring setup like a FRPP C springs. Mine around here i don't bottom out on anything except my driveway. You ought to see my Mid-Pipe.

Dogshark

Reaction score
I know how you feel man. Im live in Norfolk too, these roads blow! I sit mad low and cant go over speed bumps, get in my driveway etc. w/o scraping the hell out of my cats. I got stock headers. Wish I can get long tubes, but thats not gonna happen. Prolly get some shorties in the future.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Yeah Mustangs are VERY PRACTICAL! Our Mach 1 has gotten a high of 30mpg...regularly hits 26mpg driving on the freeway at 75-80mph... usually 20mpg in town (can hit 15 when having fun!)...Stock suspension never bottoms out, stock mufflers are way quiet...brakes exceedingly well, is VERY nimble & easy to park...shucks I think it beats a Camry or Accord in practicality! LOL...

MrNiceGuy

Reaction score
ive got my coilovers almost completely bottomed out and as long as you drive safely you will be fine and the roads around me are far from nice..

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i have steeda sport springs in the rear and coilovers... it sits low and barely scraped. my exhaust is BBK shorties, upr x-pipe/ 2-chambered flows. i barely scrape or bottom out.

97mustanggt

Reaction score
i have a 1 1/2 drop on mine and i have a pro chamber x pipe and it scaps on speed bumps but i love how my cars its lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81