some rear suspension questions

Reaction score
Right now the only things done to my suspension are MM panhard bar and Steeda sport springs. I'm thinking of getting a set of LCA from MM and i was wondering if i do, can i remove my quad shocks. (i think they are hitting my rear shock due to the panhard bar). The car is my daily driver and if i do remove the quads will i run into any potential problems while driving?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Yes the normal rule of thumb is once you equip the vehicle with an aftermarket LCA then you should be good enough to remove teh quad shock.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
you will be fine, just remove them after you install your LCA's

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I don't know if that's a sure thing though. I've heard of some people who are using aftermarket lowers with good bushings and still have wheel hop. Try it with quads and with out. I've got panhard, MM lowers, H&R super race, and Koni yellows, and I'm still running quads. I'm waiting till I get torque arm or 3rd link, till I remove them.

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Would it be worth it for me to look into uppers also? or should the stockers be ok. Eventually i wanna setup the car for autocrossing.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Keep them factory, refresh the bushings if you have to. You want some deflection in there to keep the axle moving around.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
eksplosivejoe13 said:
Right now the only things done to my suspension are MM panhard bar and Steeda sport springs. I'm thinking of getting a set of LCA from MM and i was wondering if i do, can i remove my quad shocks. (i think they are hitting my rear shock due to the panhard bar). The car is my daily driver and if i do remove the quads will i run into any potential problems while driving?

mine hit my shocks because i lowered it.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
my rear suspension consists of pro kit, kyb agx 8 way adjustable, steeda aluminum lowers, steeda adjustable uppers, and upper/lower torque box kit welded in....and with my power level it sure does the job

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah