Cobra rear brakes?

skunkworx

Reaction score
I have installed the Cobra front brake kit already if I do the rear would have to change the calipers. (Since they are not in the kit)?

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
no its the same caliper! I did the kit and it basically relocates the stock caliper to fit the bigger rotor! which is exactly what the cobra setup is...

OP
OP
S

skunkworx

Reaction score
The reason I'm asking is I was looking at part #'s on NAPA's website and they have two different #'s for them. At least replacement calipers.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
You get a vented rotor with the cobra setup, along with brackets. you can get Cobra brakes, but the GT is basically the same caliper.

OP
OP
S

skunkworx

Reaction score
Ok thats cool so far. Just checked Hawk for part #'s and they show two different #'s also. (for the pads)

OP
OP
S

skunkworx

Reaction score
Also shows suggested parts that they are needed IDK? Does you wear on the rotor like normal?

OP
OP
S

skunkworx

Reaction score
OK I have it figured out! The caliper is the same but the caliper bracket needs to be widened were the rotor passes though the bracket.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
skunkworx said:
Ok thats cool so far. Just checked Hawk for part #'s and they show two different #'s also. (for the pads)

The pads are different because the are thinner to compensate for the thicker Cobra spec rotors.

OP
OP
S

skunkworx

Reaction score
Javi do you think that I'm rich? I already have the Cobra set up anyway just trying to get it all figured out before hand. I don't like surprises. With me working nearly 7 days a week and a family my car sets on jack stands enough as it is lol!!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online