ebay wheel spacers?

white 98 gt

Reaction score
been looking at some on there, hub centric, and found some good prices. are these worth getting? any of you guys bought some from ebay?

Slykin

Reaction score
I've had my ebay hubcentrics on for a few months now with absolutely NO issues. They make your car look 10x better too... and they're cheap.

dafizuck

Reaction score
I think all that matters is that they are hubcentric... if they are, theyre good to go.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
I personally wouldnt buy them I got a nice set of Maximum Motorsports and love em.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't buy them either because I don't trust putting them on my car
they are probably made pretty cheap.
If I were to get wheel spacers I would get H&R or Maximum Motorsports wheel spacers.

blackpony

Reaction score
i bought a set off ebay and have had great luck with them... paid like 50-60 bucks shipped for 1'' spacers.... have even been to the track with slicks bolted up and they have held up great...

what size are you looking for?

OP
OP
W

white 98 gt

Reaction score
blackpony said:
i bought a set off ebay and have had great luck with them... paid like 50-60 bucks shipped for 1'' spacers.... have even been to the track with slicks bolted up and they have held up great...

i'm thinking a set of 1.25 should stick em out far enough. i like how enid sits, but don't like that tucked in look...

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
blackpony said:

white 98 gt said:
blackpony said:

i'm thinking a set of 1.25 should stick em out far enough. i like how enid sits, but don't like that tucked in look...

Not only is that Illegal from IHRA AND NHRA sanctions, its stupid acts like that that will cause break downs, delays and god for bid accidents that could hurt someone. Please when you go to your track FOLLOW their rules or the sanctioning body's rules. I would hate to see one of our members hurt or killed by someone elses stupidity.

They mandate Hub-centric spacers for a reason. USE THEM

OP
OP
W

white 98 gt

Reaction score
duff daddy, enid doesn't see track time anyway, so no worries there. from what i've read on here about wheel spacers, the hub centrics are the safest to use. thanks for the concern...

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Ok just one last thing, if he sees zero track time, and the track is where people want to be safe, why risk it with mother's and children on the road where you can be hurt or killed by and inferior design just to save a few bucks?

OP
OP
W

white 98 gt

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
Ok just one last thing, if he sees zero track time, and the track is where people want to be safe, why risk it with mother's and children on the road where you can be hurt or killed by and inferior design just to save a few bucks?
i see what you're saying duff, but i'm not understanding why the ones on ebay would be inferior to, say maximum motorsports. the ones on the bay say they're made of machined billet aluminum, with grade 8 wheel studs. that's good isn't it? not being smart arse duff, just doing my research so i know i'm buying a good product. not buying a name.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
If you use hub centric wheel spacers then your mounting the spacer on the center of that wheel hub and then not leaving the stress on the studs

If you use the regular ones with the large slots where they can slide, thoes put alot of stress on the studs and can move while the wheel is on there and then cause other issues.

The ones with the studs in the spacer, its only aluminum..... oe makes hubs out of steal and not aluminum or a reason.

Slykin

Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong but he IS getting hub centrics. Unless the maximum motorsport spacers are steel there shouldn't be much difference between the ebay ones.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
I thought he was using he ebay's... If hes going MM like i did then ill give him a pat on the back...

OP
OP
W

white 98 gt

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
I thought he was using he ebay's... If hes going MM like i did then ill give him a pat on the back...
yeah, i am getting the hub centrics. just looked up the ones on mms. they are an aluminum alloy. ones on ebay are machined billet aluminum...

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I used to have H&R. I sold them a while back, because I've had no use for them. Now that I've went back to an 8 inch wheel for the street, I kinda wanted to get another set lately.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online