Metco Upper Control Arms

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Hey, just thought id toss this info, I dont know if any of you guys have heard of Metco, they make great product well made, ovbiously not on the ar but will be once I can do some math for the pinion angle and some other things I need to change.

dsc02038t.jpg

dsc02039.jpg

dsc02040f.jpg

dsc02041r.jpg

dsc02042hg.jpg

dsc02043l.jpg

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I have heard of Metco before they make some nice suspension parts.
After you install them let us know how you like them.
What upper control arms do you currently have on your mustang?

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
...stock uppers right now lol
Then they should be an improvement then.
I have the FRPP upper control arms on my mustang now.
Do you plan on making some runs when the weather gets better and the tracks open up?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Track slut eh, well that's a different story. :icon_rr:

OP
OP
duff daddy

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Track slut eh, well that's a different story. :icon_rr:

Im still going to dd it and its still going to be street legal. I have a few tricks to remove the air bags and a few other things but its gonna see a fair amount of passes:)

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Uhm, I used to be sponsored by Metco. There is an issue, but you can stop it in it's tracks before you find out what I did. I had their full suspension under my car, and the best 60' I could ever get on my renegade car was a 1.49. I went a 9.7 with a 1.54 60' time. So yeah, do the race math and that should have been a hell of a run. I helped them work through their bushing material problems, had to replace them a couple times, but they eventually got it worked out. The big issue is that they bind. You have to have something back there to allow the uppers to swivel a little. They are at an angle right? so as they go up and down, they move on sort of an arc, not straight up and down. The way to fix it is to use the UPR spherical inserts for the upper bushings in the housing on the 8.8. We would put the car up on the lift and the rear axle wouldn't drop, it would 'stick' up and we would have to pull down on it, lol, to get it to come down to get to things. I put the sphericals in when I used those control arms in my R/S car, and boom! 1.30's. Not an issue. But, I have to admit, I do not run them in my car. We weighed them, unpsrung weight remember, and compared them to the UPR pro kit, and off they came. Difference of about 15 lbs if I remember correctly. But you will NEVER break one, lol. I used the uppers and lowers. Still have the lowers, they are for sale.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online