Odd noises...............

junkman306

Reaction score
I have a 98 GT. It has 164,000 miles on it, but it's been well taken care of. When I bought it it had stock Motorcraft front struts, Saleen springs on the front, Strange adjustable shocks and heated stock springs on the rear. A couple of months ago, I swapped all of the springs out for and Eibach drag launch kit and swapped the front struts for Strange adjustable struts. Now, especially when it's cold, when I hit bumps, particularly at a slow speed, it rattles all over like the suspension is going to fall apart.Did taking all of that loose when swapping it allow the bushings to relax? Whats with all of the noise?

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
i used to have strange struts-shocks they blow
they lasted not even 2 months, the car bottomed out on every bump and there was oil from the struts-shocks all over the car-wheels
worst money ive ever spend, literally was: "You get what you paid for"
you might want to check your struts-shocks.

OP
OP
J

junkman306

Reaction score
javi said:
i used to have strange struts-shocks they blow
they lasted not even 2 months, the car bottomed out on every bump and there was oil from the struts-shocks all over the car-wheels
worst money ive ever spend, literally was: "You get what you paid for"
you might want to check your struts-shocks.

It's definitely not the struts/shocks. We use the same Strange struts on our 5 second pro-mod and this is our 3rd season on the same suspension. I think it's because I didn't put the rubber spring isolators back in when I put the springs in, but I'm not sure.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
that was my personal experience.

umm we should of started there, then more likely yes, the absence of insolators could be the cause of the odd noises.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had the same shitty noises when i had strange struts up front, I hate em.

never again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.