HOW low can you go!!!!

stang4u2nv

Reaction score
Guys i i have my car sitting on a sportline kit with isos on..but i want to go lower, so with that said i was thinking about coilovers....how low can you go while on coilovers. i must see some pics of this. if anyone has pics show them to me. post them up.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
before you invest in all that why not try removing your isos for a lil more drop, sportlines without isos is pretty damn slammed.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Any lower and you will probably be scrapping and bottoming out
but,it's your mustang though.
Ride quality will only get worse with a stiff and harsh ride depending
on what shocks and struts you have.
I say sell your Eibach Sportlines and give the H&R Supersports a try
with no inso's in front or back.
I just can't see going any lower though.

Sportlines

Sportlines1-1.jpg

Supersports

HRSupersports.jpg

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
You dont want to go any lower than sportlines no isos, I have Sportlines no isos and ive rip chunks off my tires on hard corners.
the ride? is alright, i have bilstein struts and koni shocks and check sig to see how low the car is. :angel4:

Front passenger side 265/35-18 :

clasi022.jpg

rear driver side 295/35/18

clasi025.jpg

clasi026.jpg

clasi024.jpg

J

joelbegt

Heres mine on MM coilovers before I took them off to sell the car. It looked good but rode stiff mostly due to the rear coilovers being at the end of travel. Im sure if you droped the mount points on the rear it wouldn't be bad. It didn't scrape everywhere but I drove differently because I knew it was low. Everyone is soooo scared of scraping but in all reality is not a huge deal. Why are people scared to drag the x-pipe a little? bagged trucks and cars drag stuff all the time.

eresize1.jpg

Magic

Reaction score
This car belonged to a buddy of mine....18 inch American Racing Rebels and AIR RIDE.
6819570047_large.jpg

6819570003_large.jpg

mustangshane

Reaction score
Magic said:
This car belonged to a buddy of mine....18 inch American Racing Rebels and AIR RIDE.
6819570047_large.jpg

6819570003_large.jpg

Wow! that has to be the lowest SN95 I've seen to date. I like the looks but you'd even scrape a pebble. Like I said, looks nice!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
With my abc exclusive front bumper and sportlines, no iso's, 25.4 inch tall tires in the front that sag cause theyre skinnies my front bumper lip cant be much more than 2 inches off the ground...its kinda retarded but I live with it

Magic

Reaction score
mustangshane said:
Wow! that has to be the lowest SN95 I've seen to date. I like the looks but you'd even scrape a pebble. Like I said, looks nice!

Yea, it only went that low when the car was stopped/parked/shows. I dont think he ever drove it like that on the street.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
this is just about as low as you can POSSIBLY go... the k member is about 2 inches off the ground struts bottomed out no coil springs and no motor lol....
dsc01955o.jpg

dsc01954h.jpg

dsc01958z.jpg

dsc01956x.jpg

94svtturbo

Reaction score
Magic said:
6819570047_large.jpg

6819570003_large.jpg

This has to be the sech-iest and lowest mustang i have ever seen. That is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! I know it cant be driven like that but if mine looked like that when parked i would be totally fine with it

Magic

Reaction score
94svtturbo said:
This has to be the sech-iest and lowest mustang i have ever seen. That is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! I know it cant be driven like that but if mine looked like that when parked i would be totally fine with it

In that state, the car was powered by a Heads/Cam/Intake 5.0L with a Procharger D1SC stuffing its throat, that layed down a hair over 500 RWHP.

dafizuck

Reaction score
would look this up for you another time but a little busy right now... look up dawssvt, he has airbags.

94svtturbo

Reaction score
Magic said:
94svtturbo said:

In that state, the car was powered by a Heads/Cam/Intake 5.0L with a Procharger D1SC stuffing its throat, that layed down a hair over 500 RWHP.

Thats BA!! Do you know how it handled when cornering?

Magic

Reaction score
94svtturbo said:
Thats BA!! Do you know how it handled when cornering?

It handled quite well. But the airbags were swapped out for coil-overs cuz he didnt want to deal with leaking air lines and the extra weight from the compressor and tank in the trunk.

Those coil-overs are now on my car, as the white GT shown was sold as a roller to another buddy, who has since put in a 10 point jungle gym inside along with a single turbo 408/C4 setup = strictly drag car now.

det_riot

Reaction score
Hey magic, got a couple questions on your coil overs, first what set up are you using now? How does it handle and how comfortable is it? If you could change something in your set up what would it be and why? I'm looking into coil-overs myself and are pretty much going into it blind.

Magic

Reaction score
det_riot said:
Hey magic, got a couple questions on your coil overs, first what set up are you using now? How does it handle and how comfortable is it? If you could change something in your set up what would it be and why? I'm looking into coil-overs myself and are pretty much going into it blind.

PM me if you really want to know the specifics on what Im using for my suspension setup. But it handles great (love taking those on-off ramps and more than 2-3 times the posted limit) and is quite comfortable for a lowered car even on bumpy roads (lotsa bumpy roads in my city).

I would not change anything to whats there now, I only want to add a few more things.

Some reading on a great info packed website:
http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/t_suspension2.htm <--scroll down to Springs, Shocks & Struts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah