MM adjustable LCA questions (handz get in here)

dutch

Reaction score
I can't seem to find an answer to this;

If I were to install the MM LCA's, would I be able to lower my car by a lot or is the lowest setting on the lca's my normal ride height?

I'm looking into ways to lower my rear some more and thought I could mix improved LCA's with a lower ride by buying those.

Either that or I'm gonna have to find some more springs probably. I've looked at taking out the ISO's, but they're stock flattend pieces right now and that would not give me half as much lowering as I want + more squeeks and rattles.

I think my KONI springs are just meant to be that high in the rear.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
With the MM Adjustable LCAs, You can lower it by 1 inch, and raise it by 2 inches.... all from the stock height of course and not including the drop of the springs.

I would say this is the piece you are looking for. This will help you get that perfect ride height if you are not going with Coilovers.

The MM Adjustable are pretty legit because you can adjust then with the car on the ground.... not need to raise the car up or anything.

MMLowerArms.JPG

STR33TR

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
With the MM Adjustable LCAs, You can lower it by 1 inch, and raise it by 2 inches.... all from the stock height of course and not including the drop of the springs
http://www.jegs.com/i/Granatelli/467/GMCA7998WJ/10002/-1?parentProductId=753297
Wow. $180 difference b/t the Granetelli arms (same/similar design) and the MM piece. I understand "you get what you pd for" and "knock offs don't have all the research..." but MAN! That's a big price jump for something as simple to build as an LCA. How hard can it be to build these things?

OP
OP
D

dutch

Reaction score
So let me get this straight; if I install these things on my already lowered car, and I twist the spring perches on the LCA's all the way down, I'll have 1" of additional lowering?

to show you the extend of my problem:
Afbeelding142-2.jpg

STR33TR

Reaction score
dutch said:
So let me get this straight; if I install these things on my already lowered car, and I twist the spring perches on the LCA's all the way down, I'll have 1" of additional lowering?
That's how it works b/c your lowering springs set in that low perch on the LCA. You turn the screw down and it moves the spring mount down. Pretty simple.

OP
OP
D

dutch

Reaction score
I understand that, but I was under the assumption that the lowest setting on the LCA's were stock, and you could only go higher for dragrace tire fitment etc.

STR33TR

Reaction score
"Heavy Duty Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms, with Swaybar Mount, 1979-98 The easy adjustment of MM's Adjustable Control Arms allows raising the rear ride height by up to 2 inches, or lowering it as much as 1 inch."
Quoted from MM's website.
Look @ the difference b/t these and the conventional (straight) LCAs. They're curved like that so that you can get the extra inch of drop. In the pic that Handz posted you can see the extra inch of threading b/t the LCA and the spring perch.

OP
OP
D

dutch

Reaction score
I saw that, just wanted to make sure from someone who has them installed before I purchase and ship a $380 part I might not need.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dutch: Trust me, you have the same problem i had.

Lets say you have stock springs: The MM Adjustable LCAs on the lowest setting will be 1 inch LOWER than stock.... on the highest setting it will be 2 inches HIGHER than stock.

I had the same you did when i removed my front ISOs.....the back was too high.

Now i have MM Adjustable LCA + Poly Isos in the rear and my stance is adjusted dead on.

BEFORE LCAs:
IMG_1404cleanResized.jpg

AFTER LCAs
IMG_0690CleanSmall.jpg

OP
OP
D

dutch

Reaction score
So you even added poly ISO's and were still able to get that much lower? That sounds like my solution then... Any placed where they're less then $380?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online