no more 4x4 - MM springs

the.greg

Reaction score
Well I finally got my car lowered. I went all in and got the starter box from maximum motorsports. That includes MM springs(which I believe I may be the first on this forum to use), bilstein hd shocks and struts, MM caster camber plates, and isos. I will get pics tomorow, it took quite a while for them to settle, (I am assuming they are settled now,). The ride quality is very firm for a daily driver. My mechanic was surprised at the stiffness of the ride and called my mustang a go-cart lol. Body roll is reduced drastically as well as braking nose dive. I feel as if the springs would be great for auto cross. Anyways I apologize for this lengthy thread, but I just wanted to let eveyone know about MM's springs since most ppl on this site use eibach steeda, or H&R.

NERD

Reaction score
Re: no more 4x4

I'll be back after you take pictures.

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
Re: no more 4x4

here are pics, once again this is with all isolators; I am thinking about taking the rear isos out.

loweredmustang040.jpg

loweredmustang042.jpg

loweredmustang041.jpg

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Very nice improvement Agreed.... Let it settle some then take out the Iso's if you feel it is to high.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
much better. i love that color just not the stripes. to each their own though.

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
I believe that this is a new kit from MM . These are not Eibach springs. I think MM just started making their own springs recently. They are progressive rate, although I forgot the exact specs. I think I am the first to use the on this forum, thats why I started the thread. The springs really firm up the ride. And yes I am not a big fan of the stripes either, reminds me of a v6. IDK

Win

Legend
Reaction score
the.greg said:
I believe that this is a new kit from MM . These are not Eibach springs. I think MM just started making their own springs recently. They are progressive rate, although I forgot the exact specs. I think I am the first to use the on this forum, thats why I started the thread. The springs really firm up the ride. And yes I am not a big fan of the stripes either, reminds me of a v6. IDK

MM doesn't have the Machine to make there own springs. There just a spring rebranded as the own. The actual machine that produces springs cost millions and millions of dollars. Eibach has one. Im not sure who else has one though. I am sure MM doesn't though.

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
MM doesn't have the Machine to make there own springs. There just a spring rebranded as the own. The actual machine that produces springs cost millions and millions of dollars. Eibach has one. Im not sure who else has one though. I am sure MM doesn't though.
[/quote]

Thank you for pointing this out Win, you are right, MM colaborated with another company on the springs, but they are a new MM spec springs non the less. From MM's site, "After years of tuning suspensions around the spring rates that were available, we determined that designing our own springs would better suit our needs. MM's Engineering Team has begun working with a major spring manufacturer to develop new spring sets. These are top quality springs, made to our specifications."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99