Annoying SQUEAKING

95StangJT

Reaction score
Alright guys I have a suspension problem and need advice. Every time I turn or hit a bump the front of my car squeaks terribly. Also, it squeaks like this when I push down on the passenger side fender, but not the drivers (yet). Is this a ball joint problem? Tie Rod? Struts? Or do I need new bushings? Maybe silicone lubricant? Any help/suggestions would be great. Thanks.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
when i had this problem i was afraid it was the ball joints. i didnt want that mo-fo popping out while i was on the highway at 60 MPH...

Could be bad isos, shtruts, control arm busings, ... etc. etc.

if you can fit under your car while a friend pushes on the top to make it squeek, that might be a good idea. (obviously while its sitting on the ground, not up on jack stands.)

Orange Stang

Reaction score
my Gt squeaked over bumps and stuff and it was the tie rods though... Im gonna replace the ball joints just to be safe come spring.............

Slykin

Reaction score
It sounds just like what happened when my passenger side balljoint went out. Though, if you balljoint is out your tie-rod on that end may also be worn wrong, mine was. Replacing the balljoint took care of all of the squeaking though.

mike@uprproducts

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my drivers side ball joint. Unfortunately, mine snapped on me, damaging my front fender (when the tow-truck lowered the car down, wheel pulled the fender out :crybaby2:) , lower control arm and shaving the inner lip of my cobra r.

Don't let it get sidelined whatever you do. And if you suspect the tie rod ends, you may as well go with a bumpsteer kit in the process..

birel21y

Reaction score
Its usually the rack&pinion mount on the k member. Take the rack out, get some poly bushings, take the 2 metal spacers out, and trim 1/8" off the end. Re-install. Lube everything.

dave1989

Reaction score
i would also say ball joint my lil bros v6 car did the same thing and that was problem

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online