cut springs?

ZachSav

Reaction score
how bouncy will my ride be if i use 1 coil cut v6 springs in my gt with stock everything?

thanks

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
probably not too bad....but Im pretty sure for that to work out evenly you will want to cut less from the rear...say 1 coil up front and 1/2-.75 in the rear

OP
OP
Z

ZachSav

Reaction score
my plan was to run no isos up front and both rear to keep the height good. idk yet till i get some better opinions

Untame-d

Reaction score
Cutting the springs will make it stiffer.

Crone

Reaction score
I ended up having to cut my stock springs to get them back in after getting screwed on a deal for springs, and I cut 1-1.5 coils out the front and left the rear alone because I didn't want to have to do that lol. It actually doesn't ride as bad as I was expecting it to.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
I have cut springs in the rear of my car, felt almost NO difference, stock springs in gt/v6 are NOT progressive springs. Meaning the rate of the spring is the same at the top as at the bottom, unlike some others out there.

Heres a pic with the cut's out back...

dsc01955o.jpg

dsc01831kr.jpg

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
here is a pic,a bad one at that but its a pic, cut about a coil and a half or so, its to the STOCK steeda height of their blue spring.

dsc01660o.jpg

OP
OP
Z

ZachSav

Reaction score
so 2 coils and ill be ok? this is getting annoying lol

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
2 will be close do at least one and a half and see how it is, cut it right about where mine is shown in that picture, I had measurements of it but if you can wait till tomorrow ill get you a true inch heigh of the springs right now...

OP
OP
Z

ZachSav

Reaction score
yea im not doing it till next weekend... i figured id get my facts early

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Alright Ill measure the height of the Steedas and give it to you sometime this week....

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Any updates?? I am going to have to cut my rear Stock springs and put them in cause i am botteming out on my driveway too much i am going to have to raise the rear up a little.

Stang%20Pic%202.JPG

That is how it sits now and i am still scrapping the crap out of my cats on my driveway. How much do you guys think i ought to cut off the stock one?? 1 coil ?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
ahhhhhhh god I fail, im writing my self a note and an alarm on my phone to look for the springs tomorrow at work... sorry guys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online