1/2" wheel spacers...

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Slykin

Reaction score
Really what you want is a hubcentric but you can't get them that small... If I were you'd I would just get some wider tires for the back. It shouldn't be too hard to get them close to a half inch wider. If someone else has something just say something.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
What's the smallest Hubcentric you can get? with 1" spacers, would I be running into tire/upper fender rub?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Don't buy those "ghetto" spacers, do a search and see, but the slip over spacers are junk get some nice hub-centric ones as these....

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48_134_231&products_id=575

They are the ones I run on my car with my welds.

Slykin said:
Really what you want is a hubcentric but you can't get them that small... If I were you'd I would just get some wider tires for the back. It shouldn't be too hard to get them close to a half inch wider. If someone else has something just say something.

Do some research before you tell someone they aren't made....

95opal

Reaction score
If your only running a 1/2 inch those are fine just make sure you have 7 threads on your studs thats what is important. If you read MM site thats what they reccomend so dont listen to all the bs about having to run hubcentrics. Not needed in all aplications. Ive been running the same type spacer for over 10 years on a couple of different cars and have never ever had a problem. Dont be a victim of another ingternet myth. Just do the proper research and save your self a buck.

dafizuck

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
Don't buy those "ghetto" spacers, do a search and see, but the slip over spacers are junk get some nice hub-centric ones as these....

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48_134_231&products_id=575

Slykin said:

Do some research before you tell someone they aren't made....

^^^

Agreed

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I'm going with a 1" hub centric ones. Then when i eventually throw the 00r's on there i will just pull them off.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
95opal said:
If your only running a 1/2 inch those are fine just make sure you have 7 threads on your studs thats what is important. If you read MM site thats what they reccomend so dont listen to all the bs about having to run hubcentrics. Not needed in all aplications. Ive been running the same type spacer for over 10 years on a couple of different cars and have never ever had a problem. Dont be a victim of another ingternet myth. Just do the proper research and save your self a buck.

100% right but if he ever plans to take that car to the track, a good tech crew will scoot his butt off the track QUICK...I IHRA/NHRA/NMRA/NMCA all say no dice to lugcentric spacers for safety and reliability, then there is something I dont want to experience with someone in the car with me, nor have the possibility of doing something to someone else. If you can be safer why not do it. But you do make a good point you dont HAVE to, 100% his personal decison.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
95opal said:

100% right but if he ever plans to take that car to the track, a good tech crew will scoot his butt off the track QUICK...I IHRA/NHRA/NMRA/NMCA all say no dice to lugcentric spacers for safety and reliability, then there is something I dont want to experience with someone in the car with me, nor have the possibility of doing something to someone else. If you can be safer why not do it. But you do make a good point you dont HAVE to, 100% his personal decison.
See there's the problem, I DO take my car to the track and run Slicks/ET streets, so I do need a hubcentric spacer. Anyone have pics of 275s with a 1" spacer by chance?

adrift

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:

Hey Duff, do you know if the half inchers will be wide enough to be noticeable? I'm running OEM Bullitts that are, I believe, 17x8. I see a lot of folks running 1" and 1.25" spacers on their wheels, so didn't know if the 1/2" would even make much of a difference. Also, with 1/2" or 1/4" spacers do you need to worry about cutting studs? Seems to me you wouldn't since they probably slip right over the current studs. For reference I'm taking this video in consideration for 1" spacers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Kiw8PD7Iw

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
If the car is originally designed with "hubcentric" wheels (as all Ford products have been for years as well as others), use only hubcentric replacement wheels and spacers if desired. The lugs will never center the wheel/spacer on the hub the same way twice on their own. Your just inviting new vibrations to the drivetrain.

GT

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
adrift said:
Duff Daddy said:

Hey Duff, do you know if the half inchers will be wide enough to be noticeable? I'm running OEM Bullitts that are, I believe, 17x8. I see a lot of folks running 1" and 1.25" spacers on their wheels, so didn't know if the 1/2" would even make much of a difference. Also, with 1/2" or 1/4" spacers do you need to worry about cutting studs? Seems to me you wouldn't since they probably slip right over the current studs. For reference I'm taking this video in consideration for 1" spacers:

I do not know the answer to that, Im sure you would notice it, but a wide stance wont necessarly look great all the time.
I didnt cut studs, i added longer 3" studs on mine because of wheel/lugnut set up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online