What springs for a MACH1

bwu04

Reaction score
Need some advice. Just bought a 2004 Azure Blue MACH 1 with 38,000 miles. The car is REALLY low and rides pretty rough. It has H&R super sport springs on it currently. Caster Camber plates on it also. Planning to change springs to raise the car some. It handles GREAT but on any little bump it sounds like the frontend is about to get knocked out from under it. The roads in central Louisiana are not the best to begin with and i really don't want to damage the car. What Springs are most recommended and used with members here, looking to begin the modding on this car like i had done on my last 3 Lightnings ( sold them for some stupid reason). Any comments would help.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
do Eibach Pro-kit.

it gives about 1.5" looks and rides great, i used to have them
but i wanted to go lower lol

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Check your shock rebound and switch up to a ProKit or a set of FRPP B springs

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
you are crazy if you get rid of the H&R springs, what struts are on the car? I have H&R SuperSports and the car rides great, it sounds like something might be loose on yours.

OP
OP
B

bwu04

Reaction score
I love the stance and handling with the H&R springs. As for struts, i will have to say they look like stock struts. Personally i would think that when you lower as much as the H&R do you should need different struts ( am i thinking correctly here). Like i said above, i just got this car and only have put 300 miles on it and most of those where driving it home when bought it. As for the struts and caster camber plated, it looks like the strut threaded area thru C&C plates are about to stick thru the hood ( actually they have been rubbing the hood). Any and all help with this issue is appreciated. This is my FIRST car, I have built 3 lightnings and sold them and even some Chevy street rods but this is my first Mustang to begin tinkering with.
I am hoping it's something simple, like incorrect struts for the lowered springs etc ( could this be the issue , Struts bottoming out).

chrisjb521

Reaction score
sounds like you just need new struts and shocks...the stock stuff isnt really great with the supersports because of the higher spring rate...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online