LCA's and quad shocks

mustang1

Reaction score
So I started working on my 94 gt on day one replacing my rear sway bar and LCA's. I took off the rear swaybar no prob and then came the rear LCA's. I worked on it for one day and could not get them off no matter how much I sprayed with lubricating oil so i drove around with no sawybar for two days until i could get back to working on it. So on day 4 i finally discovered the use of and impact wrench and the speed was too high and rounded out the driverside axle LCA bolt and i gave up on day 4. I rent a car today (day 4). So on day 5 i was introduced tomy best friend... the breaker bar, and i finall get both stock LCa's loose and off and lower it with the jack blah blah blah. Get the drivers side chasis bolt in and have a hard time getting the axle bolt in so i call it quits. Day 6 i get the chasis bolt in and mve on to the passenger side and get the chasis bolt in, but i spend two other days trying to get the axle bolt in...somethings just not lining up right. Finally someone working near me suggests pulling off the quad shocks and holy cow what a great idea! it was in like sin. tq'd everything to specs and im golden. FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO INSTAL REAR lca'S THEM SELVES, IT MIGHT HELP TO TAKE THE QUAD SHOCKS OFF SO U DONT AQUIRE A 400 DOLLAR RENTAL CAR BILL. Oh and go thru the embarassment of driving a Kia Rio. :BangHead: please tell me this is a common problem

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
hahaha yea anything that limits movement left to right or up and down will defiantly hinder the installation of a part where the axle needs to be located centrally.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online