Good deal?

framda

Reaction score
some parts I prefer to buy used to get a cheaper price, but not shocks. They say 40+k miles, they could be cherry still or heavily used depending on how they were driven.

OP
OP
Slykin

Slykin

Reaction score
That's kind of my thought on the matter... but a lot of people seem to do well with buying used struts/shocks. Just thought I might save some money lol.

OP
OP
Slykin

Slykin

Reaction score
I've just about had it with driving on blown shocks. DD'ing at that.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
If there anything like my bilsteins aren't they rebuild able

OP
OP
Slykin

Slykin

Reaction score
I'm sure they are technically rebuildable, but they aren't under warranty past the first owner I believe. Might be wrong though.

OP
OP
Slykin

Slykin

Reaction score
I have those on my red vert(albeit one's blown I think) and they're definitely better than blown ones, but at the same time i'd rather get some good shocks(bilstein's what iv'e been wanting) instead of buying twice.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Those are really cheap. I'd get them. I've bought my 03 rack from this guy, he seems to have good stuff.

OP
OP
Slykin

Slykin

Reaction score
Would putting those struts on the front with blown shocks in the rear ruin the front ones faster ReplicaR?

JRad405

Reaction score
My bilsteins right now were bought used with 30k miles on them. They run fine. I bought struts and shocks plus some barely used CC plates for $350.

I would say if you get them for under $100 its a good deal. You figure new is $150ish for one.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Would putting those struts on the front with blown shocks in the rear ruin the front ones faster ReplicaR?

Would not do anything to the front. The rear will be bouncy, that's about it. Get the rear ones replaced too at some point soon.

OP
OP
Slykin

Slykin

Reaction score
Alright, i'm working on it, just slowly. Being a full time student with no job is not good for buying parts. I'll be working on the job thing soon though...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
some parts I have no problem buying used but shocks I think I will just bite the bullet and go with new. I have a hard time believe anything anyone says on used parts as they were always on for a short time, only driven by a grandmother on the way to and from church on the highway, sure................................

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online

No members online now.