need suspension ideas.

bigjonsrt

Reaction score
It looks like I'm going to be doing some suspension work a lot sooner then i thought. It seems like I have a blown shock in the rear so i want to replace everything in one shot. What's the best lowering springs, struts and shock combo.

As far as plans for the car I'm putting 18x10s Saleens on the back. I don't plan in really racing the car but if i do wanna drag it or hit a road course i will.

Slykin

Reaction score
Depends on what your budget it... in my opinion full MM coilovers on bilstein struts/shocks would be "the best". That's expensive though.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Set up a goal in your head and on paper as to what you want the car to be capable of. In terms of how low, and what you want for sake of handling versus ride. A good cheap stand by is steeda sports and tokico blues. Car rides great and handles well.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
good advice. I'm running Eibachs with Koni single adjustables (c/l buy).I also have a nice ride on the street and have the ability to stiffen the shocks and struts for sporty driving.

OP
OP
B

bigjonsrt

Reaction score
I'm not looking to spend thousands of dollars on this for sure. As far as how low I want it depends on the best look and clearance for the wheels I want. I know lowering makes it a bit rough but I'm not looking to ride in a tank.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you get the progressive rate springs, you'll have a decent ride. Probably not much different that stock,FRPP B springs are progressive rate, only lower the car @ 1", and no need for CC plates.Bilsteins are a good, cost effective upgrade over stock shocks/struts without breaking the bank.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ran H&R SuperSports, Tokico Illumina struts and shocks for several years with good results. New with camber plates it's going to run you about a grand, might be able to find some good deals on the forums. It's a decent setup for a good look and ride though, and still somewhat capable in the corners. Only reason I'm changing it is for coil-overs, but I'm keeping my Illuminas.

OP
OP
B

bigjonsrt

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guts all of this is giving a great to start.

What do you guy think about the coilovers that come with stuff the upr k member?

robb15033

Reaction score
I went with the total economical route to drop it 2" and obtain near perfect results- FRPP "B" springs, KYB struts and shocks (Fox Body), MM C/C Plates, MM bumpstop kit, X-2 balljoints. Alot of work but it turned out fantastic.
If money was no object, I would have done the same but with H&R springs & Bilstien struts/shocks.

OP
OP
B

bigjonsrt

Reaction score
The stance on your car is pretty much what I'm looking for as long has I can stuff 315/18 series tires on the rear. As far as price I want to say inexpensive as possible buy I don't want to go to cheap and have to replace everything cuz I'm not happy later on.

robb15033

Reaction score
Well, the SVE springs are $100.00 and H&R Super Sport springs are $230.00. You can make a decision on whether or not to wait and save up. Mustang forums all have classified adds to sell stuff. Nothing wrong with slightly used springs from a trusted member. As far as shocks & struts, I have the more affordable KYB set. I am honestly saying that they are fantastic on my car & not saying so to justify my selection. I can definitely recommend them, and I installed a Fox Body set. Not sure how the later model set would react. Lastly, I used a bumpsteer kit and the X2 balljoints which took some time to get it laser aligned perfect without the alignment boards they sell. Anyway, when it's done you will love the soft ride, increased turning radius, and far less G's when cornering.

OP
OP
B

bigjonsrt

Reaction score
It's a tough call on what to do but I have a month or 2 before I can afford anything and i want to buy wheels and some other things so i don't want to get to crazy with it.

robb15033

Reaction score
I hear ya- As much as I disliked the worn out stock suspension and the 4X4 look, I saved up and purchased a part here and there for 2 years before I collected it all.

robb15033

Reaction score
No, 315/35/17's fit on the rear of our cars no problem. I think the front tires are 255/40/17 & obviously no issues there also. The wheel offset is what AM has listed & recommended. (17X9 AND 17X10.5)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ran 335s and only very occasionally had any rubbing, but they were suckymoto brand and didn't last worth a crap. 315 is no problem, other then possibly the price.

OP
OP
B

bigjonsrt

Reaction score
I'm not going any bigger then 315s on 18 inch Saleens. I just can't wait to get the money together and and finally decide witch detection u want to take this thing.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would not run any UPR suspension because I've heard it's cheap and breaks, but that's just me.

I run there pro series rear control arms on both my cars and they work awesome. And have there k member on my yellow car both are street cars and I drive my shit hard with no problems or signs of failure

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online