Which components add up to a smoother ride

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
I'm still a bit of a suspension noob. I recently got around to replacing my driver's side inner, and outer tie rod end on my 94 GT. Finally. I wasn't expecting the results. I guess that old stuff was just wore the heck out, cause now the car has gained a pretty dramatic increase in ride quality. Something I didn't expect. Already did the passenger side as well. So I thought I'd ask if there are any other parts worth mentioning, that might have a similar effect. I heard someone say ball joints, but they're pretty difficult to do and in my mind, from what I know about ball joints, I'm not seeing how they could affect the ride quality. Then again I don't really know a whole lot about this suspension stuff.

MadStang

Reaction score
New rubber bushings in all suspension components, independent rear suspension, progressive rate springs, softer dampers, etc.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how tie rods effected your ride quality, usually it's stuff like springs, struts, control arms, subframe connectors, etc that directly change how the car feels.

OP
OP
Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
Not sure, the wheel was pretty "wobbly" feeling when driving. Maybe if it could wobble enough over bumps, it could jiggle the car enough to affect the feel of the ride quality. All I know is now it feels better and I'm glad cause I was starting to think I needed to replace a bunch more stuff. Seeing as how I had already done a new set of bilstiens.

MadStang

Reaction score
The change I felt going from oem to MM tie rod ends was phenomenal. The steering was a bit heavier but also a lot smoother and less clunky than stock. changing the rod ends is just one way to increase steering response and feel IMO.

Slykin

Reaction score
I really want to do the MM tie-rod ends... My car is very skittish from the bump steer. I can't just sit and drive, it needs constant steering correction.

MadStang

Reaction score
I really want to do the MM tie-rod ends... My car is very skittish from the bump steer. I can't just sit and drive, it needs constant steering correction.

Do it! Trust me they are worth every penny!

det_riot

Reaction score
^ as far as MM bumpsteer kits go,whats the difference in tapered ends and bolt ends?

MadStang

Reaction score
Bolt-In allows for more adjustment which is needed on MM aftermarket k-members. the k-members that keep the steering rack and a-arms in the oem location can use the tapered stud kit as less adjustment for bump steer is required.

The bolt-in kit requires machining of the spindle as well vs. tapered stud is... bolts in stock lol.

det_riot

Reaction score
So on OEM k member steering rack control arms you should be getting the bolt ones?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hold on a second, with all stock stuff I think you want the tapered end ones. the bolt through offer more adjustment and are required with the K member, etc.

MadStang

Reaction score
Hold on a second, with all stock stuff I think you want the tapered end ones. the bolt through offer more adjustment and are required with the K member, etc.

****. sorry ill edit my posts, I got the tapered and Bolton backwards ><

thanks for the save onyx...

det_riot

Reaction score
lol good thing i didnt have money to buy them as soon as you answered it =p

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd add a plug for the MM solid steering shaft.
makes a huge difference in the feel of the steering! highly dal-recommended.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dal-reccomended is serious business.

I was always told sub frame connectors made the ride better? or is it more rough?

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
subframes only prevent chassis flex. not really affecting ride except where your chassis would flutter. think like the old rubber pencil trick. in actuality thats how your chassis would move.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online