MM Lower Control Arms Really Help...

Mustanger

Reaction score
I recently got my new MM LCA's (adjustables) installed & have enjoyed driving the 94GT with them on. I didn't really know exactly how they would change the feel of the car but it is really different! I can take off with NO wheelhop now & when I go around a corner I can hit it hard! Yes the wheels spin very easily in this cold freezing winter season plus they are Sumitomos...but the car just hangs in there smokes the tires & goes so smoothly I feel very confident in comparison to all the old wheel hopping & banging around. It's a lot more fun & controllable, the ride did get a bit rougher the wife noticed the harder hits on the bumps right away but I don't mind the small sacrifice in ride quality. I thinks my rear end components will survive longer now...(or maybe not...chuckle)

I'm gonna pull the quad shocks soon as I probably won't need them now...then think I'll save up for a panhard bar or a complete Watts Link rear...Steeda Street series most likely. I love all this modding!

Question: what are the advantages to replacing the upper control arms & how will they change my car? Thannks...

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
You should put this in the reviews section. Also subscribed for the UCA question

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am just waiting on some money to start my suspension and just not sure which way to go, also curious about the uppers. I assume they are a little lighter and also offer the ability to be adjustable?

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I've actually read a lot on SVTP about keeping the stock uppers. Aftermarket uppers contain poly bushings that actively promote binding. Pan hard bar plus MM lower control arms is a great idea. I've read that multiple times; just search SVTP. Also I believe corral has a thread about control arms. Titled something to the likes of "the truth about control arms", just google that and I'm sure it will pop up.

With uppers you will feel every bump in the road, and more road noise. Not too bad of a sacrifice but if you find that thread it is VERY detailed on the subject.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
My car already had steeda double adjustable uppers and stock lowers when I got it.The adj. uppers allows you to adjust pinion angle when you lower the car. Also for drag racing to hook better.

98rocket

Reaction score
Yeah man, when I got my MM LCA's I dropped .3 of my et in the 1/4. I have BMR adjustable uppers for pinion angle adjustments and the MM pan-hard bar. I have and I'm telling you you will love them..

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I always heard for uca keep stock... For the quad shocks is a 50/50 you might get away with not needing them.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I really like the new quad shocks blisten came out with. I feel like some people might need them, some people dont but in end they wont hurt most likely stabilize the rear end even more. Definitely helps with uneven surfaces here in Jersey, maybe thats why the ride is so harsh despite have new shocks/stuts and spring combo. hmmmm

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

Reaction score
I will experiment with the quad shocks & see if I need to retain them. The new Bilsteins or other brands will not clear my 315-35-17" tires! The shocks are much thicker than OEM & have no clearance.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I will experiment with the quad shocks & see if I need to retain them. The new Bilsteins or other brands will not clear my 315-35-17" tires! The shocks are much thicker than OEM & have no clearance.

Yeah that could be a problem, flip them so the rod part is near the tire and the thick part is not.

98rocket

Reaction score
I'm quad shockless. I also have the 315's..Get rid of them you don't need them..

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

Reaction score
I'm quad shockless. I also have the 315's..Get rid of them you don't need them..

That is what I did with the OEM's & the aftermarkets won't even fit when they are reversed! All the ones I have seen have covers over the shaft plus they are much thicker than the stockers...

twovalveterror

Reaction score
as mentioned above, aftermarket uppers contain bushings that will increase rear end bind. only buy them if drag racing is your main priority. pretty much any suspension article you read will tell you the same. a pannard bar and a torque arm will let you eliminate your uppers alltogether. I wouldn't take your quads off unless you have to. it won't hurt anything to leave them on if they clear.

96GT02

Reaction score
anyone want to sell me there aftermarket quads that they dont want lol?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online