Upgraded suspension and brakes

buscg

Reaction score
So today I went to install my mach 1 springs, tokico HP struts and shocks, pbr front brake upgrade and hawk pads. Everything was going pretty smooth. I ground my spindles for the pbr calipers and got everything all mounted up and bled the brakes. Unfortunately I found out the calipers are sticking (ebay pull off set, calipers, brackets, lines) and heating up. So now I have to go get a new set from the autoparts store tomorrow. Even though they are sticking some I could definately tell a huge differance in the ride with the new springs and tokico's. So it was an exciting day but yet frustrating. Oh well at least they are in stock at autozone and arent hard to change again. Ill try to post some pics after I finish tomorrow.

Cobracarlo

Reaction score
Good luck man, deff let us know how it goes. I know its frustrating but itll be worth it in the end.

OP
OP
buscg

buscg

Reaction score
Yeah I probably could have finished it today but It was getting close to 5pm and starting to lose light and by then I was like I need a beer. Sometimes its best to walk away and come back with a clear head. haha

OP
OP
buscg

buscg

Reaction score
So today I finished every thing up. Installed the tokico HP rear shocks, Mach 1 rear springs, hawk rear pads. Also changed out the front pbr rotors for some remans. What a differance, its like a new car. The front struts looked to be the oem ones and quite possibly the rear shocks were too. I took measurements before all the work and had mismatched numbers at all corners. Now they are all within 1/4".

OP
OP
buscg

buscg

Reaction score
Oh and it was 80 Degrees today in charleston. So I got to put the top down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online

No members online now.