Coilovers?

MadStang

Reaction score
I'd avoid upr personally. but I'm biased, I like perfect fit, and top quality. Maximum Motorsports is the way to go.

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
I'd avoid upr personally. but I'm biased, I like perfect fit, and top quality. Maximum Motorsports is the way to go.

That's why I'm asking. I don't wanna go and get something that I won't like. I've been looking at MM too. I'm tempted just to redo the whole front end with their stuff, tubular k-member and control arms. I dunno I've hear that the QA1 k-member is crap that's why I was asking.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
UPR is crap. i have 1 single product from them and it doesn't fit...

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Don't have experience first hand but cant say ive EVER had someone tell me any MM part is crap.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Run the MM stuff on my fox and UPR on my sn95 there both good.. MM is a bit nicer but there both fake coilovers anyway. You have to bend a lip up on the inner on the shock tower with MM it comes with a tool to do it the tool is crap and starts fuckin up right away so I just used vise grips.. You have a bit more adjustability with MM..

MadStang

Reaction score
Run the MM stuff on my fox and UPR on my sn95 there both good.. MM is a bit nicer but there both fake coilovers anyway. You have to bend a lip up on the inner on the shock tower with MM it comes with a tool to do it the tool is crap and starts fuckin up right away so I just used vise grips.. You have a bit more adjustability with MM..

that tool must be new from MM. I have no clearance issues though so it's not needed on mine...

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score

Yeah I don't have the money to get legit coilovers, especially when the MM or UPRs do the same things. I'm not too concerned with ride quality just a little better performance and a nice stance. I'm gonna be getting a new DD soon so I won't have to worry about driving it and messing anything up day to day. Just on the weekends

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
In reality they both do the same thing just the MM name is world known.. Plus you get like a solid extra inch or more to drop or raise the car ..

And yea mad Stang on my sn no mods were needed on the fox there was took all of 5 mins each side

dczsvt

Reaction score
i have the QA1 kit on my car, put it all on in my friends garage (no lift). only "modification" that i remember doing was on the back bolt for the control arms I had to notch it enough to slide all the way in. id take a piture to show your what i mean but the car sits to low....also Id bet youd get better customer service with MM, UPR didnt send the torrington bearings for my coilover kit and basically told me tough poop...the ride isnt too bad (coilovers in front & SVE springs in the rear, stock struts & shocks, stock tie rods and c/c plates) but as soon as i hit a bad road it gets pretty rough...the k-member is awesome tho, all the clearance in the world, if i ever needed to change my starter all i had to do is take off my right front tire, that easy...ive got the rest of my suspension parts (kyb agx struts/shocks, competition engineering bumpsteer kit, prothane offest rack bushings, and MM C/C plates so im sure afer its all installed itll be like a dream

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
I shot MM a email asking what coilovers they suggest. I'll probably go with them, since I've heard no bad things about MM and the fact alot of people run them.

shoesandsocks

Reaction score
question i have a coilover setup mostly planned out but i have a budget and goal that i want to meet but im having a hard time finding a coilover sleeve for the rear besides MM thats not crazy expensive does anyone else know of any cause for full mm with struts and springs i can buy these and save alot of money which is a way more adjustable kit and a brand i do trust(ran them on my old 5 series beamer)

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would avoid them like the plague ^ Dont order from prostreetonline if you ever plan on getting them either.

shoesandsocks

Reaction score
i hear what your saying justin trust me when they first came out they were not great but after breaking to much in the beginning and having the warranty on them they lost alot of money since then they have really come up especially for making coilovers for applications that are seen as less popular but people still want to get performance out of and yeah prostreet is gay but that was the only one i remember thaat was a dealer i know there is one more though. But i will say from personal personal experience my e34 5series went to texas from tucson twice and never had an issue with the coilovers once and most 5 series guys run them as well with no issues so i would use them again without fear just my experience through 8months with them though

and i know jugrnot with the black vert runs them ill see about pming him and get his opinions

but im not trying to go that route i want to save some money on this thing so any good rear sleeves?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online

No members online now.