Koni sports or Bilsteins?

gumby5.0

Reaction score
I'm currently shopping for new struts and I'm stuck between koni sports and bilstein hd's. Anyone wanna help me decide? I've always heard good things about both, but I just can't decide:-(

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
What springs are you running? You can't go wrong with either. I run bilsteins, as I just realized I will never need a set of adjustables. It mainly depends on your spring rate

OP
OP
G

gumby5.0

Reaction score
I'm gonna be running H&R super sports

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bilsteins. Koni yellos are nice but not $$$ nice.

OP
OP
G

gumby5.0

Reaction score
Well American muscle had a decent deal on the tokico d-specs so I went ahead and got em.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was able to find my Koni yellows on c/l for a great price. love themI have used them too. When I ran "the dragon's tail" in Tenn.They made a big difference in the stiffness of the suspensionI would like to eventually get into autocrossing the car too.I don't think I would have bought them new though.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Yellows are great, but for a street car, its hard to argue against Bilsteins for the money.

Saint

Reaction score
Honestly.... On my old v6 I had tokico's at one point....and then blisteins....I could not tell the difference....I repeat I could not tell the difference

Don't blow money on popular name brands cause they are acclaimed to be the best.....Glad to see you riding tokico's

So long as they match up with your springs and aren't the same spec as stock then you should be good to go.

I'll ride monroe's all day so long as the spec is right

5litrarag

Reaction score
Well I've had adjustable Tokicos on my cobra which rode like shit with the Eibach sportline springs it had no matter how much adjusting I did. But now it has bilsteins. Still not a great ride, but better controlled, not as sloppy.
Those Eibachs have been replaced with a set of H&R Super Sport springs and its WAY better now.
My GT has had a H&R Race spring and bilsteins since day one and it rides like a new car in comparison, which is kinda funny considering my vert has nearly 80k miles more on it. But you'd never know it.

So yeah, while I agree the dampers need to be higher rate than stock if the car is being lowered, there is a BIG difference in ride quality & handling between the two brands. Dont believe me, call Maximum Motorsports and see what they use for their own proprietary dampers and which is the better product.

98rocket

Reaction score
D-specs adj. are great shocks n struts also. You will be happy with them..

Slykin

Reaction score
5litrarag, I can't agree more on the Sportslines.. They suck so much haha. I can't wait till I can afford coil-overs. I'm running on sportlines and stock shocks right now. Sucks. Balls.

BYEBYE2U

Reaction score
i'll decide for you LOL! Bilstiens FTW!! i'm selling my HD's with low miles soon. front and rear,so if you decide on these PM me and we'll deal.thanks and good luck

OP
OP
G

gumby5.0

Reaction score
i'll decide for you LOL! Bilstiens FTW!! i'm selling my HD's with low miles soon. front and rear,so if you decide on these PM me and we'll deal.thanks and good luck

Thanks but I have already purchased and installed d-specs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online