Need some advise

94RedGt

Reaction score
I got this car last year and its a 1994 vibrant red mustang gt , i have done some mods to it like lowering springs , wheels , etc mostly cosmetics and recently i replaced my stock intake plenums with an oem 94/95 cobra piece, it has the usual bolt ons like bbk headers and O/R Hpipe with mac mufflers, thats about it as mods go. Now my problem is that after i have done all of this and spend a lot of hours of work on it replacing broken stuff and making the car look nice, i find out this car was in a accident and it took some structural damage, it was never reported to insurance so it never got a rebuild title or anything, stupid me came and bough a totaled car and have nearly spend 2500 dollars of stuff on it , i bough it for 2500 so yeah it sucks.

The damage is at the front left side, i have fixed two of the problems wich were a bend shock tower and what i think was a pushed back frame rail since my drivers side front wheel seated 1 inch back than oem. I took my car to one of the many frame shops around town and for 300 bucks they unbended my shock tower and pulled my wheel into place so it measures the same as the other side and it sits dead center on the well. The other problem i cant seem to figure out is why my car sags , it sits lower on its left side , as a cheap alternative to making the body of my car look level i installed some of the metal plug thing sold at autoparts to recover old coil springs, it did the job but deep inside i hate it because that its not suppost to be there but at the same time i hate looking at a twisted car, well after some close inspection of the front with fenders and bumpers removed i can see that the rad support is bend in along with the left side inner fender frame , so when looking at the car from the front the bumper looks twisted while the body sits level. The frame rail looks in perfect condition aswell as the rest of the body front and back, the only sign of damage is the corner were the rad support and inner fender meet.

What could be causing my car to sag ? Im starting to think its a something with the suspension and not the frame since it also took a hit from the side since the shock tower was pushed in towards the other side causing a lot of negative camber , but that has been fixed. All the suspension components look ok and nothing is bent but they were probably replaced, now heres my question .

Is there a difference between the years of control arms or spindles ? Like how low or high the different year parts made the car sit, cuz i know 96 spindles are different but the one on looks exactly the same as the other side , the control arm looks the same and the kmember looks in good shape but im sure theres something wrong around these parts. Is there a way i could measure the frame with the car off the ground while it sits on jackstands on a level ground, should i measure the distance from the ground of both front frame rails?

Heres a pic of the car, it does not look bad after all the work i have done to it so thats why i want to try and save it.
IMGP4738.jpg

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Wow. Honestly I think you should keep it if you got the car back to being straight. I remember my car sagged or sat uneven for 2yrs because my stock springs snapped a coil, and it was broken into the lower driver side control arm. Could of been from hitting a really hard pot hole. Other than springs, maybe blown shocks/struts can make a car sag a little bit.

OP
OP

94RedGt

Reaction score
All the springs and shocks are brand new, GT Rob while looking at the frame rail i cant see any damage on it, the only damage i see is on the front section around were the battery goes , the metal shows signs of damage from a frontal impact, most likely a minor fender bender , it made that corner were the rad support and inner fender meet get pushed down and inwards by half an inch so the fender and bumper sit lower on that side making the bumper look bend if u look at the car from behind.

The frame rail seems basically untouched, the part of the frame were the lower section of the kmember bolts on had some issues with it that got fixed the first time i took the car to the frame shop. I have recently visited another shop that will fix the bumper and fender problem along with the sagging issue for 600 dollars. Is that a good price for this kind of repair ? They will take care of taking the entire front appart and put it back togheter, but i asked them if they had one of those laser measuring equipment and they said no and it appears that most bodyshops around with frame machines dont have that so thats why i want to try and measure the car myself to comfirm that its indeed the body that has problems and not some suspension part.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online