lowered

Billy50H

Reaction score
Cut the eibach pro kit springs. 1 1/2 coil on the back and 1 coil on the front. I was afraid that the ride wasnt gonna be smooth but its still pretty good. I have kyb shocks and struts too so that might be part of it. I love the new stance:eek:

The pictures...
before
f674ea92.jpg

after
78b59a33.jpg

before
01bc6fc0.jpg

after
033e122f.jpg

c10bccaa.jpg

03ed038e.jpg

d5f024b7.jpg

1558672d.jpg

OP
OP
B

Billy50H

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of cutting springs but it looks good. I love your steeda wheels.
im not either. my dad always tried to get me to do this for a while now so I figured why not. I didnt wanna buy new springs cause i wanna go with coilovers. Thanks!
Nice....i want your wheels....
Thanks bro. I'll get some pics up of when its under light like at a gas station when is dark out, the wheels look amazing under artificial light.

OP
OP
B

Billy50H

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys! as for speed bumps, they arent too big around here. I used a cutting disc/wheel? my dad borrowed it from his shop. Took about 3-4hrs with lunch break. lol This will deff be temporary. the ride isnt unbearable but then again its not preferred. I can give up some comfort for appearance for now :)

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I love those Steeda wheels! I'll have some one day!

Great looking car!

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
congratulations on the wheels. they look good. its your vehicle but for safeties concern, i wouldnt have cut the springs. to each their own.

HuskerGT

Reaction score
I love the slammed look. Any tips on pulling the springs? I'm going to be swapping mine out to some SVE springs as soon as the temperature gets decent (40s at least, LOL)

OP
OP
B

Billy50H

Reaction score
it was in the 60s here haha
and idk how everyone else does there springs but use the jack under the rear axle for the back springs and the control arms for the front. this will let the springs decompress slowly by lowering your jack. just make sure you take the bolt holding the bracket for the front brake lines off before you do or it'll get stretched. theres some othere stuff but then again idk if how me and my dad did it is how everyone else does it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online