build my suspension!

5.0kid

Reaction score
I'm wanting a great riding street monster! Now that i've got the stang up and running again, i'm having some subframe connectors installed when its getting tuned and i still have the vogtland springs I was wanting to run. Now what struts/shocks should i go with (on the cheap)? i was thinking some mach 1 rear shocks and cobra bilstein front struts...

I'm really wanting a car that i could do some small scca events next summer if i want, but mostly a daily driven car that will still hook up and transfer weight pretty well. biggest thing for me is keeping a good handling mustang, not just hooking up. car has about 450hp

info on the vogtland springs:

Front - 457-628, Rear - 177-257

MadStang

Reaction score
don't mix and match shocks and struts. the car will not be smooth. I recommend this to everybody because it's a proven smooth setup

Bilstein HD Shocks & Struts
H&R Race Springs

or if you want more low substitute the H&R Race Springs for H&R Super Sports.

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
don't mix and match shocks and struts. the car will not be smooth. I recommend this to everybody because it's a proven smooth setup

Bilstein HD Shocks & Struts
H&R Race Springs

or if you want more low substitute the H&R Race Springs for H&R Super Sports.

+1 on that set up, dont forget Caster Camber plates! Id recomend Maximum Motorsports CC plates they're amazing

And do replace tie rod ends sway bar end links a arm bushings etc. etc. It really makes a drastic improvement when you do a front end rebuild.

OP
OP

5.0kid

Reaction score
i'm really trying budget...would bilstein cobras on front work and bilstein hd on back work?

also, keeping the vogtlands till i can afford H&R's

MadStang

Reaction score
try not to mix and match. if you're on a budget save until you can get full bilstein hd's.. Settling for less is a waste of money.

OP
OP

5.0kid

Reaction score
k. sounds good. i'll just keep stock until i can afford the whole set up. am thinking of doing this instead of a paint job, my paint looks like shit but when i bring it back to school it will get trashed anyway...

OP
OP

5.0kid

Reaction score
ya i can't justify spending another full grand on my car...

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Do it right the first time. I've learned my lesson. Skimped on the suspension and my car shows for it. It rides horrible. Also has mix and matched shocks/struts. Now it's going to cost a lot of wasted money to get the H&R springs, bilsteins all around, MM CC plates.

OP
OP

5.0kid

Reaction score
k plan is now to not paint the car and get some bilsteins. what do you guys think of the vogtland vs the H&Rs though? i've heard good things about vogtland, i have them in the garage right now...

OP
OP

5.0kid

Reaction score
well almost got some h&r's with the bilsteins today, but seller sold the springs right before i got an ok on the price, but i am getting my bilsteins shipped tomorrow!

running those with the vogtland springs for now. then use the shark cc plates until i can afford the mm ones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online