Front Suspension

Orange Stang

Reaction score
okay, heres what I have in mind for my new front suspension

Ive got front sportlines, ill be removing one iso each side
Then im thinking of the new koni STR's or whatever. anyone have experience with them?

I have the UPR billet shark fin cc plates since im not going coilover
also I know ill need a bumpsteer kit and probably 03 cobra arms and steeda ball joints huh?

Anyways, anything else?

MadStang

Reaction score
that sounds like a recipe for disaster IMO...

the sport lines are not any good, removing the iso's is going to guarantee bottoming out, the koni's won't save you from that either. upr shark fin c/c plates are junk (in fact 99% of upr suspension is junk), coilover or not the MM plates are the only way to go. you're gonna need a whole lot more than a bump steer kit to fix the poor ride quality you're going to have.

MadStang

Reaction score
My sportlines run fine. No problems for me...

comparative to what exactly?

if you've had a perfectly balanced spring/damper rate on a mustang before you'd be able to tell the ride quality is poor on the sport lines. most eibach's are WAY too soft for their ride height and I personally wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

H&R with a bilstein damper is the easiest way to get the corresponding rates for a smooth ride while maintaining an aggressive handling car.

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Compared to what I've had before, Stock & Ford C Springs. I don't auto-x. Mines a dd when weather permits. I would venture to say that most people that put on lowering springs are doing it for stance, like me. Handling would be right behind that as what they are trying to achieve with springs like my situation.

MadStang

Reaction score
Compared to what I've had before, Stock & Ford C Springs. I don't auto-x. Mines a dd when weather permits. I would venture to say that most people that put on lowering springs are doing it for stance, like me. Handling would be right behind that as what they are trying to achieve with springs like my situation.

I understand stance is important but I don't think that's the first thing on everyone's mind. The presumptive thought is what's the cheapest spring I can get to get as low as I can, and that is where people are going to run into problems. Why cheap out on such a vital component to the car? I like my car's to ride as smooth as butter and with the H&R Super sports which are JUST as low as the sportlines, paired up with bilstein dampers you'll have a smooth ride, great looks, and impeccable performance. Do the sportlines save you like $20-$50? sure. not worth it in the long run when you're blowing shocks and struts because of the poor spring rate.

Slykin

Reaction score
I HATE DD'ing my sportlines, though my opinion is slightly skewed due to the fact that my shocks are stock. Even still, they are very soft and have very little travel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online

No members online now.