IRS Convert.

SN95nut

Reaction score
it all depends on what you really want out of your car. if your gona race it in a straight line dont bother but if your lookin for a better track car then go for it

drftrmike

Reaction score
If you can find one for a good price and dont drag race then i say do it i found a 01 complete irs for 700 bucks including brakes pretty much a bolt in process.

Im waiting for the complete ftbr kit before i throw it in which is highly recomended to help with wheel hop.
If ypu want a nice handling ride do it.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
When i figure it out, You'll be the first to know.
Reviving another old thread.

i am faced with a decision i need to make with my car. The Rear contral arms on my car need replacing, and my new gears need adjustment.. I am wondering if it would be more time and money efficient for me to just find and install an IRS?.. I am more into a handling car vs Drag.. Being in Canada things are more pricey here, and ordering from the US right now is very high.. So if i can find even a stock IRS off a 03-04 cobra, wouldn't that make more sense?..

Looking for opinions :)

Don

Wichers123

Reaction score
I can't speak for complete stock stuff. But I wouldn't have it any other way. And all the bull about IRS can't drag. Lol I got all the bushings, cover, and mounts and my car squats real nice on launch. Lol I cut. A 1.8 60ft just rolling off the line. If I launch it should be no reason I can't cut 1.6-1.5 60fts on drag radials

nitroram33

Reaction score
They can be had for between ~$1-1.5k USD, whether the extra money is worth it is up to you. We found a '04 rear with lowering springs, bumpsteer kit, diff brace, and poly mount bushings for a grand so they're out there if you have patience.

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
Yeah I have found a few in my area.. 1100-1500, I think i am gonna stick with some contorl arms, and maybe a sway bar for now.. i might even do a set of lowing springs.. Like most of us i am working with a limited budget so i have to go with the best bang for the buck, Thanks for chiming in guys!.

Don

They can be had for between ~$1-1.5k USD, whether the extra money is worth it is up to you. We found a '04 rear with lowering springs, bumpsteer kit, diff brace, and poly mount bushings for a grand so they're out there if you have patience.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
If Matt doesn't pick up the 03 IRS i have For Sale. It comes with Full Delrin Kit also ready to be installed.

I love my IRS you cant compare the ride quality and the majority of people who talk crap about an IRS have never owned one.

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
If Matt doesn't pick up the 03 IRS i have For Sale. It comes with Full Delrin Kit also ready to be installed.

I love my IRS you cant compare the ride quality and the majority of people who talk crap about an IRS have never owned one.

I would love to install a IRS, it's been the plan from the day i picked this car up.. The main issue right now is money, by the time i buy the IRS and have someone install it (lack of tools and space).. it's more then i can spend right now..

But soon! :)

Don

RustangJeeTee

Reaction score
I've thought about this off and on. If you're looking for a quick fix for handling, the SRA is more than capable of doing what you want as long as you set it up right. I'm more interested in ride quality, though.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score

No, Matt wants the IRS :laughing5:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online